Typical For Sale Post (or what I have learned hanging out on the Sales Forum)
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By cap10amazing

Thread: Typical For Sale Post (or what I have learned hanging out on the Sales Forum)

Typical For Sale Post (or what I have learned hanging out on the Sales Forum)

Hi everybody,

I have a (chose one):

1) beautiful watch for sale.
    2) gorgeous watch for sale.
    3) fantastic watch for sale.

It is in (chose one):

1) 95% condition.
    2) 99% condition.
    3) mint condition.

(actual condition of the watch is irrelevant).

I am selling it (chose one):

1) to fund a grail
    2) because it's not getting "wrist time"
    3) because I'm not "bonding" with it
    4) because I need the money

(actual reason is because I dropped it on the tile floor in my kitchen and now it makes funny noises).

I am asking (chose one):

1) more than you can get a new one for on the internet (yes I think no one knows how to use Google)
    2) "a fair price" (I've had the watch for a year and banged it up pretty good so I will knock off 10%)
    3) 1/2 what I paid for it because it doesn't run and I want something new.

Price does not include PayPal fees or shipping. So that number I gave you is not actually the price, you need to add a bunch more money to it.

Also you are not getting the strap shown in the picture. I am just showing you that to make you jealous.

Also I will ship it when I feel like it, in a week or two or three so just be patient. I need to wear the watch for a few more days while I clean out the broken sewer line in my back yard.

Pictures are below, thanks for looking!

THIS IS JUST A JOKE and not a very good one. I thought I was being funny. I actually love the sales forum.
    Last edited by cap10amazing; March 14th, 2011 at 02:28.
    sl7vk, jchem and ppalam2 like this.

Re: Typical For Sale Post (or what I have learned hanging out on the Sales Forum)

The photos are priceless! I especially like this one:

Quote Originally Posted by cap10amazing View Post
    So, Cap10, did you have a bad transaction? You seem a bit grumpy.
    I have purchased only twice from WUSers, and been very happy both times.
    YMMV....
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

"Watches tie people to the celestial clockwork... but people have been encouraged by their clocks to ignore the daily and seasonal cycles and to pretend that there is nothing to contend with but metronome-paced linear time. We appear to have caged the sun inside a machine." Michael Young, The Metronomic Society, p. 204

Re: Typical For Sale Post (or what I have learned hanging out on the Sales Forum)

You sir, are a cynic!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Should I feel insulted by this? I kind of do, actually, although I don't think you meant it that way. There are some really good sellers on the sales forum, with fair prices, and honest pictures. I don't think, your funny post is "typical" and I don't think the sales forum is full of crooks trying to sell broken watches. I enjoyed your post, but I think it's kind of a slap in the face to the honest sellers around here to generalize like that. Just my two cents.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

Tend to agree with Caraptor. I've bought and sold a few dozen watches here and always felt both parties got a fair deal.

The photos were priceless though.
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

OP actually reminds me of quite a few FS threads I've read recently where the seller says they need the $ to fund a grail, then gives a full page description of the specs, and at the end of the post they'd say something like "trades welcome, let me know what you have" & most of the time it's trade down + cash only... WTF?? After going to the manufacturer's website & copying & pasting their watch specs you forgot that you needed the $ to pay for your grail??? I'm sure many of you have seen these before...

Banned

It's kind of funny, although I can say that 99.9% of WUS members are beyond reproach in their dealings here.

....and I'm always selling something to upgrade - maybe not to grail status, but 4 or 5 sales will fund 1 or 2 upgrades.

SORRY I was just trying to be funny, I actually love the sales forum and have bought more than ten watches without a hitch. It's just a joke and not a very good one.

I'll give the OP the final word and close this before someone gets really serious about it.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Thread Information