U-Boat Flightdeck 50-CAS-3....Is this a good deal or not???
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: U-Boat Flightdeck 50-CAS-3....Is this a good deal or not???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U-Boat Flightdeck 50-CAS-3....Is this a good deal or not???

I have the opportunity to buy a pre-owned U-Boat Flightdeck Chrono for $1,000 or so. It does come with all the box and papers. However it does not come with the original band, just a good quality aftermarket one. The thing that conserns me the most is that the watch has clearly been used on a regular basis and shows many signs of wear (crystal is clean though). You can see many dings, scratches, marks throughout the case. I would call it TZ Good 80% or so. In your opinion what would a fair price be and would I be over paying at $1,000??? Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

Re: U-Boat Flightdeck 50-CAS-3....Is this a good deal or not???

It would have to be a lot cheaper than that for me to get a U Boat.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

In my opinion U Boats are huge overpriced fashion watches, so take my recommendation for what is worth. If the first strap has been worn through and the case has a lot of dings, the watch might be knocked around a good bit. This watch has a swiss automatic chronograph movement, which is somewhat delicate and would be expensive to repair/replace compared to a non chrono auto movement. I would move on and find a better way to spend your $1000, like a lighty used Sinn U1. If you must have a watch near 50mm, you might find a nice Glycine in your budget which would probably be a better buy.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Try and make sure chrono functions well. I owned 2 U-boat flightdeck, and one of them had an issue with chrono function but fortunately it was repaired under warranty. That huge case just worries me when it comes to shock absorption. Buy it if you like! I certainly did like mine a lot.

Given the facts, I would have to agree with Raza.
    It would have to be MUCH cheaper for me to even consider it. For me, under $400.
    But with that said, the wrist wants what the wrist wants. So waddayagonnadoo.
    Best wishes.
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

1000 bucks ? You will easily get a watch for that amount of money.
    pr1uk likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

U-Boats (as well as Bell and Ross) are so overpriced in my opinion.

I'd take that grand and get a Stowa Seatime or Prodiver on a bracelet!

(Pic is from the internet)

I won't say it is overpriced, since many people are clearly willing to spend the money. Some people have suggested a Sinn U1, but that is not a chronograph, but with luck you can get a fairly mint one for 1200 so it is certainly in the right price range. Glycine also have some options that you could find used for about the same price, maybe cheaper. But I think the important point is that this is a stainless steel (316L) watch with a fairly run of the mill 7750 (I think, but could be wrong) That is something you can find a lot of examples of new in the $1500 - $2000 price range from brands that have high quality reputations. So the question is, is the design elements of the Uboat enough to make you willing to pay more? Personally, I really like their looks, but I am not willing to pay the premium they are asking for.
    Dagaz Modded Seiko SKX007 | Benarus Moray III | Magrette Moana Pacific Diver 2011 | Hexa K500 | Prometheus S80 | Seiko SNAD53

Boron ??? | | Gruen ??? | Timex ???

Greetings from Albuquerque!

Quote Originally Posted by pcmxa View Post
    I won't say it is overpriced, since many people are clearly willing to spend the money.
    Can't argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmxa View Post
    But I think the important point is that this is a stainless steel (316L) watch with a fairly run of the mill 7750 (I think, but could be wrong) That is something you can find a lot of examples of new in the $1500 - $2000 price range from brands that have high quality reputations. So the question is, is the design elements of the Uboat enough to make you willing to pay more? Personally, I really like their looks, but I am not willing to pay the premium they are asking for.
    I also like their look, not necessarily on MY wrist, but I like the look.
    So, given that this watch is all boobs and legs - if ya know waddamean - do ya rally wanna spend that much on a gal who can't really do much else than look purty in that "Joizy Shoa" kinda way?
    Just sayin': I'd get it if real cheap. And since I like the looks primarily (nothing terribly special in other areas: movement, finish, etc)), I'd just get a Parnis knockoff for $99, and be done widit, and then spend the rest of the money on something I'd really wanna baby.
    pcmxa likes this.
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

Does anyone know the method to recalibrate the second hand on these watches?

I don't know how people can say go buy this watch or that watch.. Its quite obvious when buying a watch you have to like it first.. And lets face it the u-Boat watches defo stand out in a crowd :) And if the crowd gets to busy you can knock out the way with your wrist haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information