U-boat IFO at 600$
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mpalmer

Thread: U-boat IFO at 600$

U-boat IFO at 600$

Hi,

i wanna know if this U-Boat IFO was a great deal for the price? I didn't see the IFO watch on the official u-boat website, can anyone tell me why?

Thanks

Ebay link

Re: U-boat IFO at 600$

Looks like a good price to me, interestingly it's cheaper than Jomashop's official website, and also cheaper than Amazon and Chrono24.

The model has probably been discontinued, this happens regularly with fashion watch brands as styles change, and also depending on how well models sell.

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    Rotation: IWC Portuguese 5001-09 7-Day; Glashütte Original PanoReserve; Rolex Oyster 6480 (1955); TAG Heuer 2000 Professional
    Sold: Seiko MarineMaster SBDX001; Omega Seamaster Professional; Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr II B-Type; Wilson Pilot with Sea-Gull ST36
    Older: Tissot Visodate Heritage 1957; Sea-Gull 819.315; Citizen Promaster Navitach JQ8020-52L; Casio DBC-61 Databank Digital (first watch)
    Daily Wear: Apple Watch Series 4 Hermes 40mm
    My Wife's: Cartier Tank Solo W5200005; Apple Watch Series 4 GPS 40mm

Quote Originally Posted by portauto View Post
    Looks like a good price to me, interestingly it's cheaper than Jomashop's official website, and also cheaper than Amazon and Chrono24.

The model has probably been discontinued, this happens regularly with fashion watch brands as styles change, and also depending on how well models sell.

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    I have many doubts about the authenticity of the watch,I'm Italian, so I know well this brand, the U-boat manufactures only mechanical watches,the watch that you have seen on ebay is a model present in the collection U-boat, but just mechanical not quartz,Therefore, I can safely say that is an imitation...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Casertano69 View Post
    I have many doubts about the authenticity of the watch,I'm Italian, so I know well this brand, the U-boat manufactures only mechanical watches,the watch that you have seen on ebay is a model present in the collection U-boat, but just mechanical not quartz,Therefore, I can safely say that is an imitation...
    The eBay seller is Jomashop, they are among the biggest grey market watch dealers on the Internet, I would trust the authenticity

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    Rotation: IWC Portuguese 5001-09 7-Day; Glashütte Original PanoReserve; Rolex Oyster 6480 (1955); TAG Heuer 2000 Professional
    Sold: Seiko MarineMaster SBDX001; Omega Seamaster Professional; Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr II B-Type; Wilson Pilot with Sea-Gull ST36
    Older: Tissot Visodate Heritage 1957; Sea-Gull 819.315; Citizen Promaster Navitach JQ8020-52L; Casio DBC-61 Databank Digital (first watch)
    Daily Wear: Apple Watch Series 4 Hermes 40mm
    My Wife's: Cartier Tank Solo W5200005; Apple Watch Series 4 GPS 40mm

Quote Originally Posted by Casertano69 View Post
    U-Boat only produces mechanical watches now, but in the past they had some quartz offerings. Years ago, they also produced some watches with mineral crystals. As the brand repositioned itself upward, these models were eliminated and only mechanical movements and sapphire crystals were used.

What you are looking at is an older model which did not sell with ADs and has been shifted to the grey market.
    Likestheshiny likes this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Yeah, U-Boat quartzes are all over the place -- I guess they weren't very popular, since they're always on sale even years after production stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    U-Boat only produces mechanical watches now, but in the past they had some quartz offerings. Years ago, they also produced some watches with mineral crystals. As the brand repositioned itself upward, these models were eliminated and only mechanical movements and sapphire crystals were used.

What you are looking at is an older model which did not sell with ADs and has been shifted to the grey market.
    yes,I got information from an Italian watch site,I have to admit that I made ​​a mistake,effectively in the past the U-boat watch company has produced quartz watches,this at the beginning of his birth,I'm sorry my mistake...^^

Just picking up this thread. I have seen IFOs under $400 recently and bought one from Jomashop for $425 recently. i understand these are "old" new models (i.e Quartz), but for those (like me) who enjoy the u-boat look, it makes for an easy entry point.

Wait, I'm confused... The prize is $600 if the OP can lift a U-Boat and successfully secure it to his wrist?

Kidding, kidding...

I'm clearly just jealous because my bird-like wrists can't support the massive bulk of one.
    Last edited by starter; June 17th, 2013 at 05:44.

Thread Information