Uh oh, watch bought on Amazon dead after 2 days...
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Uh oh, watch bought on Amazon dead after 2 days...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Uh oh, watch bought on Amazon dead after 2 days...

For a while now i have wanted something with a Valjoux 7750 and always found myself drawn to the Hamilton brand. I stumbled across the Tachymiler on Amazon and being that i am left handed i thought it was a perfect match.

The watch arrived on Monday with a very minimal invoice and an non-filled out warranty card, lovely. I wound the watch by hand on Tuesday and it kept perfect time for 12 hours and figured it was safe to go ahead and size the bracelet. How wrong i was. The next morning while at work i noticed that the watch had stopped for 5 minutes while i was wearing it. Being that it was an automatic i chalked it up to not having enough power in the reserve and didn't think much of it. After a quick wind and wearing it for the remainder of the day it was fine. Fast forward to Friday afternoon and the watch stops again while i am wearing it but this time it will not start working. Wearing it or winding it by hand does absolutely nothing, the second hand just sits idle mocking me.

If the watch arrived DOA, it would be a a simple return process but i really am at a loss for what to do here. I contacted the seller and am awaiting a response and will keep all who are interested posted here. Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

--Joe

Re: Uh oh, watch bought on Amazon dead after 2 days...

If you purchased your watch from Amazon itself you can return your Hamilton, or any watch for that matter, even without a filled out warranty card. They will send you a return shipping label and you can exchange yours or get a refund.

Oh yeah- what the hell does DOA mean? Defective on arrival?

You should be fine, after you return the watch and get a new working one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Buying it through Amazon probably has nothing at all to do with it; this could happen to anyone. In fact, the only 7750 I bought, from a dealer, stopped working a few times at first. I had to wind it and start and stop the chrono over a few days to get it going. After that, it's been working perfectly.

Have you tried giving it some gentle taps, making sure the chrono buttons are stuck or something, winding the hands around the dial a few times, etc.?

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

DOA = Dead on arrival

"Watches that have been resized, damaged, or otherwise altered after delivery will not be accepted for return. All watches must be returned in new, unworn condition, and will undergo quality checks." per Amazons website

I have tried to give it a few taps, cycled through the chrono buttons, ect. to no avail

I would imagine Amazon itself only sells watches for which they are an AD. (If you bought it through Amazon Marketplace but not actually from Amazon, things could get more complicated, though some grey market retailers do have their own warranty services.)

If so, then the unfilled warranty card is their problem. I would start by trying to get them to correct that, and they might just replace the whole thing anyway. If they are indeed an AD, then they either owe you a correct warranty card or a new watch. Just be firm about that and I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Amazon requires you to first contact the third party merchant, and if the matter is not resolved, they will stand behind their merchants and offer you a return.
    Lots of dive watches.

I have found Amazon to be extremely helpful in such situations. By all means contact Amazon if you feel the response from the seller to be inadequate. And don't let the fine print hold you back. You have a defective watch, if would appear, and you should expect service. I have found that customer service reps are sometimes willing to go out of their way to help out, especially if you are a big Amazon customer and let them know the extent to which you are unhappy. Amazon has its reputation to protect as well. Just my experience.
    Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller | Eterna Super KonTiki 1973 Limited Edition

I was hoping to her some good news like this. Clearly Amazon would not still be around if they had poor service or refused to stand behind their products/vendors. Lets just hope for the best

Put the links back in, put it back in the box.
    As long as it all looks as new as it arrived Amazon won't be bothered, and you'll get a full refund.

Amazon give you 30 days to return most stuff.
    You don't need to give a reason... just saying you don't like it is enough.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information