Is Ultrawatches.com a safe legit place to buy a watch?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VoiceOfSticks

Thread: Is Ultrawatches.com a safe legit place to buy a watch?

Is Ultrawatches.com a safe legit place to buy a watch?

Re: Is Ultrawatches.com a safe legit place to buy a watch?

At best they are a "grey" dealer which means that they legally sell brands but they are not Authorized Dealers for them. If you're buying something cheap and can find some positive reviews of the site, sure why not. But if you're thinking Rolex, PP, Cartier (all shown on their main page) or similar, I encourage you to look elsewhere. I wouldn't buy any of those watches new from an internet site, but rather in person. Just my $0.02, when you're spending thousands of dollars there's no reason to save a few hundred by risking an internet site purchase.

What specific watch are you looking for? This site features plenty of Authorized Dealers with great reviews that will give you a great price and ship to your doorstep, no matter where you live in this world.

Also, it looks like you're new around here. Welcome!
    Last edited by VoiceOfSticks; October 5th, 2012 at 14:17. Reason: welcome!
    Damasko DA36 (daily wearer)
    Casio G-Shock GW5600J-1

Thank you! Great Insight! Yeah I've been looking at nice pre-owned watches for a while. I think I have my eyes locked on a pre-owned IWC Portofino Automatic as my first watch over $1k. I looked up chrono24 and luxurybazaar but I am finding it hard to trust any of these dealers for some reaseon (maybe because the seller is in a foreign country, I live in the US). When you mean Authorized Dealers, are those the Ads on the side we see on the side or top of this site? Or do you mean the forum pages in the Sales Corner? I already looked at Torneau. Thanks again for reading my post!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Happy to help. I don't know whether or not all dealers listed on WUS are ADs, their ad just means that they are a Sponsor on WUS. Either way, contact an dealer you're interested in and just ask, they will tell you straight up whether they're Authorized or not. An AD will offer you a guaranteed warranty on a watch, but a non-AD might not. Also, sources for where grey dealers get their watches can be a bit sketchy.

Tourneau is definitely an AD but it has mixed reviews on WUS for their prices and pre-owned pieces so just do your homework.

Look at the bottom right of the WUS page: they officially recommend Chrono24. It's a trusted source around here, I haven't bought from them but I would without hesitation. They just serve as a gateway to dealers though so the onus is still on you to research. I've heard of LuxuryBazaar but I'm not familiar with them.

ACE Jewelers is the sponsor over on WUS's IWC page. They're European based but will ship to the US easily. You could start with them and Chrono24 and see what you find. We also have a Wanted To Buy forum (https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/) here that you can use to post something for a Portofino - someone might have a nice one that they're willing to part with (that's how I got my Damasko).

hope that helps
    dmkou likes this.
    Damasko DA36 (daily wearer)
    Casio G-Shock GW5600J-1

I've never heard of them. The most common gray market dealers are amazon.com, jomashop.com, and authenticwatches.com. Good luck!

This helps a ton! Thank you VoiceofSticks.

Thread Information