Ulysse Nardin FP1 353-88

Thread: Ulysse Nardin FP1 353-88

Ulysse Nardin FP1 353-88

Hi everyone,

I need your opinion on this. I came across on the Ulysse Nardin FP1 353-88 on a website and I wanted to learn about it. So I went on ulysse-nardin.ch and I was able to find it in the archives of the discontinued models, but as Maxi Chronograph 40mm, but nothing written about the FP1. Supposedly, the are only 110 Ulysse-Nardin FP1 models made, and FP1 stands for World Super Bike Championship. The thing is, the watch comes with no box or papers. I ask the seller to send me some pics, I attached the files on this post.

What do you guys think? Should I go for it ? If there is a problem with the watch and I need to send it back without the papers, will Ulysse Nardin still repair it ?

thanks everyone
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Ulysse Nardin FP1 353-88

Could you ask the guy for a closer up shot, and another one of the back casing? Guy has a crate full of those watches in that top shot...

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Could you ask the guy for a closer up shot, and another one of the back casing? Guy has a crate full of those watches in that top shot...
    Good observation! A close up of the back would only be helpful if its an exhibition back. Its very easy to make a perfect fake case back. You could call UN and ask them if they have a record of that watch as a fake with that serial #. Companies keep track of that stuff.

You buy the seller before you buy the watch. Make sure you are confident about him. Lack of papers combined with that picture of more of those watches throws up a red flag. Perhaps you can purchase through paypal and then immediately send the watch to UN for evaluation. If its fake, cancel the CC purchase and mail him the watch back. If he would only take a wire I would pass. Too many scams out there.
    Last edited by Gary123; September 1st, 2012 at 19:14.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So here are the pics that the seller sent me.

As discussed above, I totally agree that I should buy the seller before the watch, so her gave me his credentials. He's from New York and his name is Ilya Kushnirskiy, general manager of 300Watches.com | Discount Brand Name Luxury Watches.

New Limited Edition Men's Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronograph 353-88 Watch | eBay

thanks again for your advice !

Name:  DSCN9540.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  111.3 KBName:  DSCN9547.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  88.2 KBName:  DSCN9548.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  96.4 KBName:  DSCN9546.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  186.7 KBName:  DSCN9545.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  119.7 KBName:  DSCN9544.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  139.3 KBName:  DSCN9543.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  139.6 KBName:  DSCN9542.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  117.1 KBName:  DSCN9541.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  135.4 KBName:  DSCN9539.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  164.0 KBName:  DSCN9549.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  150.9 KB

Up, need your advice ASAP

Banned

I did not know High End Limited Edition pieces came in a Styrofoam box of minimum 6 units?
    Without any documents, Factory warranty or indeed a box?

Maybe it "fell off a lorry"? ( stolen)
    Or:

Fake!

If you look on the 300Watches website that you linked to there is a link to his Ebay account - and he actually looks pretty legit from his feedback there. Based on the large number of transactions over the past year with no negative feedback you might be ok to give him a go. I know that it can be a bit scary when you are spending a large amount of money with an online seller, but he might be ok IMHO. I don't think that they are fakes, but maybe give him a call on that number he has on the website, ask a few questions and see how he sounds.
    Last edited by ShaggyDog; September 2nd, 2012 at 00:26.

Thread Information