Which Ulysse Nardin looks better
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Which Ulysse Nardin looks better

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Which Ulysse Nardin looks better

Which of these two Marine Chronometers do you think is better looking? And if you feel they both look like crap, feel free to say so.

This would come with a black croc band instead of blue, and also a blue rubber strap.
    Last edited by Gary123; December 27th, 2012 at 02:39.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Re: Which Ulysse Nardin looks better

Second one, in strict sense is NOT a marine Chronometer (it is just a chronograph).

That said, I think Blue Croc will go better with blue face. I do like (weirdly) the simpler dial of the second watch since first one has too many writings/markings around sub second hand.
    Chronic flipper...

I prefer the first but wouldn't buy either; as you know your style is particularly unique Gary so that's not surprising

I like boring, classic styles.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I prefer the black significantly... but I'm not a fan of the Roman Numerals. But I love how there's a certain masculine aggressive look to the black dial. The blue feels stuck between classic/sporty styles and doesn't really work for me...

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

I like both. Can't go wrong with either.
    Regards,

Richard

I prefer the black. Dial design is easier and more clear to read.

I like the blue dial better,less writings on the dial

I agree with all of you.

Doboji - I think you put it well. The chronometer does have a masculine aggressive look to it. I prefer the look of it, but agree with hpark21 that the dial is unnecessarily busy around the sub seconds. My biggest concern is that I am a big fan of chronographs and non chronos get little wrist time with me.

Funny thing is, the slot I think I am trying to fill, and you might have put that well also, is something classic/sporty + different. Basically all my chronographs are either big/macho/hunky or outrageous. If I want something a little more sedate/normal perhaps even a bit classic or dressy, I have nothing.

Geoff: You are right about my tastes. So if I want something a little more classic + sporty, the problem is I really do prefer things that are somehow unique and different.
    Last edited by Gary123; December 26th, 2012 at 19:18.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

I like the black one best. It looks more balanced to me. I don't like the date placement on the blue one.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I prefer the second choice, as it is more sporty and universal looking and less distinctively UN. I would find a way to wear both, but would buy neither. I dislike the style used by UN on a lot of their lineup. It is an odd fusion of overly formal neo-classicism and sporty inclinatinations which just does not work for me. Their chronographs and divers look like a cross between something your grandfather could bequeath to you and a sports watch. I could certainly see that they are beautiful watches, are very well made, and would look impressive on a wrist, however, I would look in other directions if I had this sort of budget to spend - Zenith or Jaeger LeCoultre.

Ignore everything I just said: from looking at what you already own, you have bold tastes and you pretty much own it all or have seen it all so I suspect you are right on course. This would just be a unique change of pace in your lineup.
    Last edited by mpalmer; December 26th, 2012 at 18:43.
    Gary123 likes this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information