Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Uniform Wares launches the C40 dress watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Watchuseek Editor

Uniform Wares launches the C40 dress watch

Name:  Uniform Wares C40.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  68.2 KB

Uniform Wares is a British brand established in 2009. Founders Patrick Bek and Oliver Fowles set out with the objective to create an alternative to over-embellished statement watches. The result was a disruptive new breed of minimal timepieces that made their mark on the quartz watch industry. Every watch in the Uniform Wares collection is developed entirely in its London studio and workshop, from initial sketch, to prototype and final design.

The brand has launched the C40, a 40mm day-date watch in 3 distinct styles. Part of their Swiss made collection, it completes the line-up of the brand’s classically-inspired C-Line. Designed with simplicity in mind, the C40 includes many of Uniform Wares’ design signatures including large, open dials, long hands and bold, applied batons. Its case proportions are designed to wear close to the wrist to ensure a slim, effortless fit under sleeves.

The three C40 styles are available in a refined colour palette including black and silver, warm grey with rose gold and tonal steel. Each C40 can be paired with up to five different strap or bracelet options and include essentials in nappa and cordovan leather through to an engineered Milanese mesh and luxury pieces in alligator or galuchat, which are handmade in Paris.

The C40 is powered by a 7-jewel, 11. calibre Swiss-made ETA movement, a premium quartz movement with brass main plate and bridge and is screwed directly into the 316L stainless steel case to ensure reliability, longevity and accuracy. The C40 also features a domed sapphire crystal lens with multilayered, clear-anti-reflective coating. The C40 is the latest addition will retail between £550 – £880 and can be ordered directly from the Uniform Wares website.

Visit the Uniform Wares website
    Last edited by Michael Weare; April 3rd, 2015 at 13:56.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Uniform Wares launches the C40 dress watch

....and is screwed directly into the 316L stainless steel case to ensure reliability, longevity and accuracy.....
    Good to know I wonder how other manufacturers warrant reliability, longevity and accuracy ? Totally nonsense that screwing a movement directly into the case ensures accuracy.
    Main plate and bridge are brass, that's correct, and gilt (not mentioned). The 955.422, I believe that this is the movement Uniform Wares is talking about, is repairable which is good but it is not the most accurate quartz movement which of course is mirrored in its price.(retail 32,50 USD), so far £550 tp £880 for a quartz watch is quite ambitious. For that money you can easily fetch a good quality mechanical watch too. Just saying, sorry.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; April 3rd, 2015 at 15:57.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Wow, just what the world needs. Another highly overpriced, minimalist 3-hand quartz watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think their name on the dial would not be overdoing it. No name on dial = looks like it came out of a cereal box.

So you think those baton markers are bold? I can show you bold. Those are not even close.
    Last edited by Gary123; April 3rd, 2015 at 14:50.
    Stellite likes this.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weare View Post
    £550 – £880
    April 1st was a few days ago.
    Stellite likes this.
    German: Junghans Meister Chronoscope | Nomos Tangente | Stowa Exima ETA & PUW 560
    Others: Accurist World Time Chronograph | Mondaine solar powered | Omega Seamaster 'Calypso' | Orient Blue Mako | Orient CVZ0001B ana-digi | Reena WeatherMaster VII

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    I think their name on the dial would not be overdoing it. No name on dial = looks like it came out of a cereal box.
    I agree. Just a UW would be sufficient.

The designs are nice enough but it looks to me that it's really only the domed AR treated sapphire that separates them from a multitude of similar but much cheaper options.

Banned

Some harsh but deserved responses. I think that the proper price point for these watches is probably closer to $300-$400 US. No brand history comparatively. Nice style, except for the day feature on a dress watch, not a fan of that. I'd rather have a power reserve indicator on a quartz watch.

My price point for fashion quartz watches is $0.
    richnyc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by G. I. View Post
    It's not a fashion brand, nor are 40mm dress watches particularly fashionable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G. I. View Post
    oh, c'mon, if you saw one of these for sale for $10 you'd buy it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information