Until I get my Royal Oak
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Until I get my Royal Oak

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Chicago / Budapest (Depending on the Day of the Week)

Until I get my Royal Oak

Dear All

I would like to get a Royal Oak, but it is not in the cards for the next few years. So until then what do you suggest? I have been considering this but I cannot decide on the color:

WV0311ER | Orient Automatic Watches & Reviews | Orient Watch USA

Not a fan of blue. I have a modern looking redish Orient already so I don't want this to be too redundant. For the darker case one I am not at all sure I like the gold-maroon, plus I have a titanium case black face watch already with a bracelet that has a similar color. Love the gold but I don't think I would wear it :) Definitely too much. Maybe I should wait for other variations to come out. I'd love an orange, yellow, green or purple face one.

I also saw this. Little further off the Royal Oak mark, but...

Android LE Virtuoso Swiss Automatic Watch with Ceramic Case & Bezel AD612BKK: Watches: Amazon.com

Anything else I should be looking at? Also, don't want to spend too much. Nice sales and discounts are welcomed.

Re: Until I get my Royal Oak

While I quite like the case shape of that Orient I think that they kind of messed it up a little with the dial. I'm not a fan of how they have the date wheel fully exposed like that and all that text looks a bit brash IMHO especially the big 'TODAY' by the date. It's a pity because it could have been a nice watch if they'd given it a less funky dial.

How about a beater watch until you can afford the RO?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Lum-Tec V series might be worth a look

Gary123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyDog View Post
    While I quite like the case shape of that Orient I think that they kind of messed it up a little with the dial. I'm not a fan of how they have the date wheel fully exposed like that and all that text looks a bit brash IMHO especially the big 'TODAY' by the date. It's a pity because it could have been a nice watch if they'd given it a less funky dial.
    What I really can't get over is the circle around the jewel, and a line connecting it to a label which states "jewels." That just exudes class there.

Last edited by mleok; December 30th, 2012 at 02:47.
    ShaggyDog and CitizenM like this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

There is a long Royal Oak homage thread which might give you more ideas.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/roy...ge-205073.html
    CitizenM likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Depending on which AP ROO you have in mind, if it one of the limited editions like the Montoya or the Bariccello, you might look to the Gevril GV2 Corsaro, about $1,000 on shop NBC.

Last edited by Gary123; December 30th, 2012 at 03:48.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    Depending on which AP ROO you have in mind
    I am partial to the OPENWORKED EXTRA-THIN ROYAL OAK 39MM. But since that is out of the question in my lifetime I'd be happy with the black or grey face base model (39mm).

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    Rotation: IWC Portuguese 5001-09 7-Day; Glashütte Original PanoReserve; Rolex Oyster 6480 (1955); TAG Heuer 2000 Professional
    Sold: Seiko MarineMaster SBDX001; Omega Seamaster Professional; Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr II B-Type; Wilson Pilot with Sea-Gull ST36
    Older: Tissot Visodate Heritage 1957; Sea-Gull 819.315; Citizen Promaster Navitach JQ8020-52L; Casio DBC-61 Databank Digital (first watch)
    Daily Wear: Apple Watch Series 4 Hermes 40mm
    My Wife's: Cartier Tank Solo W5200005; Apple Watch Series 4 GPS 40mm

Quote Originally Posted by portauto View Post

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    This looks cool. Any idea what this model was? How can I search for it? I'd like to see if they made it with a different face and band.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information