Up to Rolex back down to Sinn/Oris??
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Up to Rolex back down to Sinn/Oris??

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Up to Rolex back down to Sinn/Oris??

Have a couple friends that recently decided to sell off their Rolex collections and stick to mid tier. They aren't worried about brand prestige or showing off, they just say they enjoy their Sinn and Oris type watches more. It seems a bit odd to me but I can understand bonding with certain pieces over others.

Anybody else gone through the same type of thing? Reach a grail or higher level then end up gravitating back down?

Re: Up to Rolex back down to Sinn/Oris??

There are a lot concern about brand awareness and prestige. Your friend maybe minority.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

Quote Originally Posted by Triton9 View Post
    There are a lot concern about brand awareness and prestige. Your friend maybe minority.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I like all levels of watches but can't see myself just saying "nothing higher than mid tier". I like shiny objects lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rolex is mid tier.

It is perfectly acceptable to buy a Rolex and then decide to sell it off in favor of a more diverse and affordable collection.

EDIT: I think about adding a Sinn constantly, despite having three watches at the Rolex price point.
    Last edited by UberDave; October 10th, 2017 at 04:28.
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

I went from Rolex/Cartier/Panerai to Seiko/Magrette/Christopher Ward and now have consolidated my collection around Omega. Will never go back to affordable, but to each his/her own. Buy what you like and enjoy them!
    trhall and kdsdada0308 like this.
    IWC Pilot Chronograph 377709
    Omega Planet Ocean 2201.51
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
    Seiko PADI Turtle SRPA21
    Suunto Core

Yes, because the only reason one would get a Rolex is to show off.

But to answer your point - I atlas wouldn't be able to downgrade to have a collection of mostly Rolex/Sinn/Oris. I like the variety and workmanship that the higher end brands have.

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vkalia; October 10th, 2017 at 04:40.
    obomomomo, parsig9 and Techniec like this.
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B, Oris 65/42 blue

70% of the reason
    Quote Originally Posted by vkalia View Post
    Yes, because the only reason one would get a Rolex is to show off.

But to answer your point - I atlas wouldn't be able to downgrade to have a collection of mostly Rolex/Sinn/Oris. I like the variety and workmanship that the higher end brands have.

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

Moderator Public Forum soaking.fused's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdsdada0308 View Post
    Have a couple friends that recently decided to sell off their Rolex collections and stick to mid tier. They aren't worried about brand prestige or showing off, they just say they enjoy their Sinn and Oris type watches more. It seems a bit odd to me but I can understand bonding with certain pieces over others.
    It seems a bit odd to me, too. Being that most all Rolex owners I know go upmarket, keep theirs, or may lose interest in wearing -- I have never known anyone to sell them all off and buy a Sinn/Oris.

Let's see some pics of these friends' Rolex collections and the Oris and Sinn "Replacements".

WUS community is always interested in knowing what others replace a Rolex with in threads such as this. Specifically. And we like the pics.

Can't hardly wait!!

Meh, all kinds of stuff happens if one goes long enough with this craziness, tiers are kinda subjective . . . sold these off and replaced with a bunch of Rolex models, ymmv . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

A.Lange & Sohne *anOrdain * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Méraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by soaking.fused View Post
    It seems a bit odd to me, too. Being that most all Rolex owners I know go upmarket, keep theirs, or may lose interest in wearing -- I have never known anyone to sell them all off and buy a Sinn/Oris.

Can't hardly wait!!
    Lol exactly! I'll ask them to send over some pics. One friend sold off his Polar, Sub and DJ 41 to stick with an Aquis Regulateur and Stowa Klassik 365. I mean no disrespect to those brands but just seems weird. Maybe he just needs the money, who knows.
    bradhan likes this.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information