Upcharging paypal payments is against TOS

Thread: Upcharging paypal payments is against TOS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Upcharging paypal payments is against TOS

I see so many posts in the FS section that up-charge to cover the loss incurred for using that service, but did you know that just like a merchant credit card account it is against their terms of service to do that?
    4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.
    sj

Re: Upcharging paypal payments is against TOS

Yeah, but as is the case with merchant credit card accounts, it's not really much of a rule if it's not enforced.

Rob

I just raise my asking price accordingly and make an extra 3% on non-paypal payments. :D
    ::The Rotation::
    Rolex GMT Master IIc . IWC Fliegeruhr Mark XVI . Omega Electric Blue Seamaster x2 (his and hers) . Sinn 657 S . UZI Guardian on Velcro Strap . Casio G-Shock G-7800B-1DR + GW-5000 + GW-7900B + GWX-56GB + F91W + DW-6900MS . Benarus Remora Sapphire Bezel . Fossil Maddox Shrouded Lug Diver . Tag Heuer Formula1 Grande Date . Bernardt Binnacle Anchor . Swiss Legend Conqueror . Citizen Signature Perpetual Diver . Timex Military Expedition T498789J

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

V8

Is this a rule for all accounts? I see some people asking for paypal extra on almost every forum I've been to.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

Anyone agreeing to pay an extra 3% deserves to be fleeced.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

V8

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    Anyone agreeing to pay an extra 3% deserves to be fleeced.

never made much sense to me as the actual sales price can be more than 3% lower.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

Yes it against paypal's rules to ask the buyer for the extra 3%, sellers should be the one paying it, not buyers. I know bunch of forums that execute those rules, but odd enough WUS isn't one of them.

I never pass on the fees to a buyer, though without a merchant account you can only take so many cc payments before having to upgrade from a personal account.

I just figure out what the fees will be and figure it into my asking price. Pay the asking price if you want, or make the seller an offer. Nobody forces you to buy anything.

I am turned off when I see a sales post asking to add 3% for paypal or to pay for shipping. Just figure it into the price if you are not willing to cover it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information