Upgraded beater….SBDC007 incoming! 1st hour's impressions so far
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Upgraded beater….SBDC007 incoming! 1st hour's impressions so far

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Upgraded beater….SBDC007 incoming! 1st hour's impressions so far

I wanted a nicer beater and I use beater lightly. I don't care how much a watch cost I don't like harming or scratching my watches…but its nice to know I got Diashield Titanium protection now if my new beater comes in harm's way! I got this watch for a few reasons. Wanted a change from the heavy stainless steel watches that dominate my collection. So it had to be light and comfortable. I wanted it to be tough, thats covered as well. Besides Seiko's patented highly durable titanium it is also water resistant for more then I will ever need it to be. I wanted to be able to wear a variety of straps. 22mm lugs make it a great candidate for various straps and big but light, so will be easy to throw on NATOs without making it too top heavy. Ok so its been about an hour of fondling this watch so I will give a few impressions I have so far. I realize this is not a watch thats easily spotted in the wild and its the first watch I ever purchased without seeing in person first. I have no regrets so far.

Found a fantastic seller in Japan, communication was great and keeping track of the delivery was fun. Came very secure and I immediately had no worries about its long travel to get here when I seen the care in the packaging. If anyone is interested in one of these PM me and I will happily recommend my seller.
    Name:  IMG_0994_zps4bfb2090.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  100.1 KB
    My first Prospex box…ohhhh exciting! LOL!
    Name:  IMG_0995_zpsdaab058e.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  90.9 KBName:  IMG_0996_zps110c75cb.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  102.5 KBName:  IMG_0998_zps6801c37f.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  117.7 KBName:  IMG_0999_zps3236e8d4.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  113.6 KB

Of course I had an immediate appreciation for the lightness that I was initially after. The next thing I noticed right away is wow…this is smooth edges and curves! No sharp edges at all. Everything is very smooth to the touch. Its almost the same pleasurable experience feeling the edges that is it on my Grand Seiko. Yes I know the threads about all the arguments that people find it expensive but as an owner of watches costing 2Xs to 8Xs more then the Shogun I find the fit n finish up there. I will put it close to the fit n finish on my SMPc. The signed crown is a nice touch.
    Name:  IMG_1011_zps091e18b9.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  84.5 KBName:  IMG_1012_zps068ce583.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  89.6 KBName:  IMG_1007_zpsa6ced8d5.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  131.4 KB

Very comfortable. The bracelet is smooth and comfy as well. Although I own plenty of watches with nice bracelets already, this will soon be swapped out for a NATO or nice leather….
    Name:  IMG_1006_zps15866231.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  147.8 KBName:  IMG_1005_zps08bfbfad.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  128.8 KB

The dreaded Seiko bezel alignment I been hearing so much about….wheew….looks like I'm safe!

Name:  IMG_1013_zps457d29c7.jpg
Size:  72.6 KBName:  IMG_1015_zps11ea23c6.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  143.6 KB

I didn't know how I would feel about having a non sapphire crystal watch for this kind of money but I am enjoying looking at the hardlex crystal. Now I know what people mean how hardlex adds an additional warmth to the dial…I agree!
    Name:  IMG_1010_zpsc4ddb961.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  71.1 KB

Bezel action is nice Much easier to operate then my SMPc. The crown is a little stiff which I don't mind. Grip on it is easy as well to unscrew. I was actually a little surprised at the dimensions. A little larger then I expected but its a diver so I don't mind. Surprised to find the size is quite similar to my Explorer 2 so I added a few shots to compare.
    Name:  IMG_1003_zpsf035e2d1.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  166.6 KBName:  IMG_1002_zpsc6ed3887.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  132.6 KBName:  IMG_1016_zps99b26eb5.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  126.9 KB

Rubber strap is nothing to write home about. Until I get a new strap of some sort I'll try it out for a bit. It looks better then it feels.
    Name:  IMG_1022_zpse3f5e89f.jpg
Size:  97.5 KB

Overall, I am pleased so far…even though its just been an hour I can tell this is a no nonsense tool/diver watch that will get plenty of wrist time I'm sure along with the others
    -JP

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Re: Upgraded beater….SBDC007 incoming! 1st hour's impressions so far

Congrats! That looks great!

My beater is also titanium due to the weight. (Also, it is quartz as well since I do not wear it often)

Good luck with your watch and wear it in good health.
    JPfeuffer likes this.
    Chronic flipper...

Great minds think alike! I just got my 007 Shogun from a seller in Japan as well. The watch is perfect for so many uses but in particular on new accounts where I do not want to wear anything too flashy. Also, the Diashield makes me think it can take a few scrapes and come out of it with very little to worry about. It has been a very good time keeper for the week I have had it!

Mine says hello as I am wearing it as I type this!

rinkel and JPfeuffer like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks great! Congrats!
    JPfeuffer likes this.

JPfeuffer likes this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Very nice photos of an attractive watch. Enjoy!
    JPfeuffer likes this.

Awesome pics and write up!! I really like the shogun. Remember to update us with accuracy once you've worn it in a bit
    JPfeuffer likes this.

Thanks for the great write-up and terrific pictures. Congratulations and I hope you wear your new Seiko in happiness and health!
    JPfeuffer likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Sure thing Domo! I'm very curious as well!
    -JP

Nice write-up, and greatly appreciate the time taken to do so. It helps people like me to learn more. Wear in good health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JPfeuffer likes this.
    Dress
    JLC Grande Reverso 986 Duotime |
    Nomos Ludwig Automatik LE | Chopard LUC | Orient Bambino | JR 1681

Chrono
    Glashutte Original Senator Chrono | Longines 180th Anniversary Numbered Edition | Zenith El Primero Red LE |
    Seiko Solar Chrono | Breitling Transocean Chronograph | Bremont ALT1-Z

Divers
    JLC Master Compressor NSA | GP Sea Hawk II | Omega PO 2500 | Tudor Black Bay | Rolex 116610LV | Longines Legend Diver | Ball Hydrocarbon Engineer – Mad Cow | Seiko SBDC027 (LE) | Seiko SNZF53

Shared wrist time with wife
    IWC Portugeiser Auto Ref 3531
    Gerald Genta Bi-Retro
    Revue Thommen – Cricket

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information