Urge for another watch! -- Need guidance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stratscott

Thread: Urge for another watch! -- Need guidance

Urge for another watch! -- Need guidance

Hi All:

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd get the opinion of the group. I'm in the market for a watch to fill two needs, outdoorsy activities including coaching kids sports, and travel to visit customers. Because of the latter requirement I need something that doesn't have that gigantic rubber look. I'd like the following features:
    1. Metal Bracelet
    2. Analog (small additional LCD displays are acceptable)
    3. World time
    4. Stop watch
    5. Alarm

I'm saving up for a TISSOT Tradition (The smiling face version) so this watch will need to fall under $250 so I can still go for the Tisssot as well. I was thinking of an Edifice but I don't really know much about them.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Re: Urge for another watch! -- Need guidance

Look at Citizen Eco-Drives, especially used/older models.

I ended up with a Casio EQS500. I got one that someone had returned to my local warehouse store for a SCREAMIN' deal. This is a heck of a fine watch for the money!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Casio Men's EF503D-1AV Edifice - ticks most of your boxes except world time.

Attachment 1023068
    Last edited by Ramblin man; March 26th, 2013 at 06:12.

Quote Originally Posted by stratscott View Post
    I ended up with a Casio EQS500. I got one that someone had returned to my local warehouse store for a SCREAMIN' deal. This is a heck of a fine watch for the money!
    Photos are in order for every purchase.

Sent from my LG-P700 using Tapatalk 2
    “People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
    If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
    If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
    If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
    The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
    Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
    For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
    ― Mother Teresa

A pic of my new piece...
    Attachment 1023666
    This thing is quite impressive. The part that I like is the ease of swapping your home and world time. You put it in world time mode, select the time zone to be the world time (the second hand points to the timezone. Then hold the upper right button for a couple of seconds and it swaps them. Easy to do when the plane lands. When in normal timekeeping mode the dial on the lower left shows the world time in 24 hour mode. The dial on the upper left shows the home time in 24 hour mode. When swapped the home time becomes the world time.

It's well built for the price and with a 1/100th chrono, alarm, and perpetual calendar (year and month are adjustable so leap years and days of the month are taken into account) it has everything I need to travel.
    Infinis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stratscott View Post
    A pic of my new piece...
    Attachment 1023666
    This thing is quite impressive. The part that I like is the ease of swapping your home and world time. You put it in world time mode, select the time zone to be the world time (the second hand points to the timezone. Then hold the upper right button for a couple of seconds and it swaps them. Easy to do when the plane lands. When in normal timekeeping mode the dial on the lower left shows the world time in 24 hour mode. The dial on the upper left shows the home time in 24 hour mode. When swapped the home time becomes the world time.

It's well built for the price and with a 1/100th chrono, alarm, and perpetual calendar (year and month are adjustable so leap years and days of the month are taken into account) it has everything I need to travel.
    Sounds great! I have the same feature on my tough solar. Its very estetically appealing. Was showing it to everybody around me like a kid for the first day. Enjoy in good health. And thanks for the pic.

Sent from my LG-P700 using Tapatalk 2
    “People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
    If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
    If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
    If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
    The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
    Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
    For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
    ― Mother Teresa

Thread Information