Urgent ! 10 Days Left! Need Help with Authenticating Fake Longines for Chargeback
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Urgent ! 10 Days Left! Need Help with Authenticating Fake Longines for Chargeback

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Urgent ! 10 Days Left! Need Help with Authenticating Fake Longines for Chargeback

Hi all,

I'm sorry for my long statement, but I'm new to the forum and not as familiar with Longines watch as you are. I mean, I really need your knowledge and really appreciate that!

I'm in United Sates. I bought a Longines watch from an Israel seller on March 15. The item was described as "new with tags, guaranteed authentic with all cards", but when I received it on March 28, it turned out to be very cheap looking with blank guarantee card--No serial number! No sale date! Nothing!

Then the seller asked me to return the watch, I did, but in May, the seller told me the fake watch was detained by Israel Customs. They promised to refund me, but no actions.

I ever tried to contact Israel Customs, but calls couldn't get through, e-mails only got useless replies and no letter of detention.

Actually, the slow shipping and the dishonest seller wasted me a lot of time and I only have 10 days left to initiate a chargeback for frand transactions(The sale date is March 15, today is July 3, but I knew it's a fake on the delivery date March 28. Does it mean maybe I have more than 10 days left?). I know there is some time for me to collect evidence after a claim is started, but because the watch isn't with me now, and I simply don't know any third party who could provide written authentication for a Longines watch with only 10+ pictures(I want to upload the pictures but I'm not allowed), I'm so worried that I will fail the claim because I cannot provide strong indicator to verify the watch is a fake within that timeframe.

Yes, it's very obvious that the watch is a fake, it looks differently from pictures on Longines website, but the bank needs verification and I only have photos with me..

I wrote to Longines offical website to verify it's a fake but also no reply.

So, is there anyone who can tell me an more efficient way to get manufacturer's verification?

Who knows any third party that can offer written verification of a Longines watch? And it's better if that third party can do this with with limited number of pictures and the fee is not to high... You know, I have lost a large amount of money, and I'm not sure if the authentication fee can help me get my refund or just extra cost.

Any reply will help me! Thank you so much for your time!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Urgent ! 10 Days Left! Need Help with Authenticating Fake Longines for Chargeback

I'm sorry, I thought I was not allowed to post images but I can..

So, can anyone who knows any flaws of the fake tell me why it's a fake? It's model L42410806, I searched it on official website and felt it looks different. But I can't tell what the exact differences are.

Any reply will help me! And, if I can identify enough differences between this watch and authentic Longines, I might do not need to spend anthentication fee!

Thank you!

Re: Urgent ! 10 Days Left! Need Help with Authenticating Fake Longines for Chargeback

If you have the serial number you can email Longiens and politely ask them to confirm that the serial number correlates with that particular model. If you are that convinced it is a counterfeit they should confirm that it doesn't. You will need to email them a picture of the watch+model number+serial number. You should get a response within 3-5 days.

I'm afraid visual authentication or otherwise is almost impossible when it is of such a simple design plus it lacks any intricacies which can be pulled apart or compared. You should have cracked the back off soon as you had your suspicions as i am sure the movt would have revealed much more regarding it's authenticity than the exterior.

I know that's not much help but that's all i'v got or am willing to disclose at this due point. We here are a little suspicious of first post authentication requests. Good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If I understood your post correctly, you paid for and then returned the watch? I hope you received the same advice I did for >$100 purchases online: put it on a credit card so if anything goes wrong you can charge back. If you paid but have no watch in your possession, then charge back! If you still have the watch but doubt it's provenance then take it to an AD to verify authenticity or return to seller (presuming distance selling rules apply in US as they do in EU)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your advice!

But the problem is, this watch does not have a serial number on its guarantee card, and I have no where to find it.

I did sent photos to Longines, but...

All the packagings are different from an authentic Longines watch and I know it's a fake once I received it--without checking it's interier.

I'm so upset that I can't prove it's a fake with an item that is so obviously a counterfeit.

Anyway, you reply is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by All in the timing. View Post
    If you have the serial number you can email Longiens and politely ask them to confirm that the serial number correlates with that particular model. If you are that convinced it is a counterfeit they should confirm that it doesn't. You will need to email them a picture of the watch+model number+serial number. You should get a response within 3-5 days.

I'm afraid visual authentication or otherwise is almost impossible when it is of such a simple design plus it lacks any intricacies which can be pulled apart or compared. You should have cracked the back off soon as you had your suspicions as i am sure the movt would have revealed much more regarding it's authenticity than the exterior.

I know that's not much help but that's all i'v got or am willing to disclose at this due point. We here are a little suspicious of first post authentication requests. Good luck.

Reverse the charge on your credit card and/or file a PayPal complaint. No need to mess around with the sell, especially if you don't have the watch.

Blank warranty cards are pretty common and is no indication by itself of a fake watch. You'd need the watch in your possession to open it up and see the serial number (or read it off the back of the case).

This is why you use credit cards. Just reverse the charges.
    John MS and the.watchdoc like this.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

If you paid by PayPal you don't need to prove to PayPal that the watch is fake. All you have to do is show them evidence (messages) that you returned the watch as agreed to with the seller, because it was not as described, and that the seller has not yet refunded your payment. PayPal should issue you a refund and charge it back to the seller. Hopefully you have proof that the watch was shipped back, as we'll as a tracking number.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; July 3rd, 2016 at 19:33.

Yes, I did so.

And I really regret doing that :(

I paid through Paypal with a Bank of America debit card, but I think my payment ran on a "credit" way since I didn't enter PIN.

I'm trying to charge back but there is 120 days time limitation and the bank asks for "indicators" that could show the watch is a fake, like verification from manufacturer.. And the watch was in Israel customs, so without physical check, it's quite hard for me to verify it's a fake.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Manchuri View Post
    If I understood your post correctly, you paid for and then returned the watch? I hope you received the same advice I did for >$100 purchases online: put it on a credit card so if anything goes wrong you can charge back. If you paid but have no watch in your possession, then charge back! If you still have the watch but doubt it's provenance then take it to an AD to verify authenticity or return to seller (presuming distance selling rules apply in US as they do in EU)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did file a claim on Paypal, but I failed because Paypal cannot confirm return delivery. How ridiculous, I told them the watch is detained by Israel Customs.

But they asked for official evidence to show that it is really detained, which I cannot offer now. I just got e-mails from sellers who admitted Israel Customs detained the package because there is a replica watch inside(I think there is no benefits for him to lied about that), but Paypal needs official evidence.

And the seller also promised to refund my money more than once, but no actions.

Paypal does not recoginze those e-mails, even though they are sent from the same e-mail adress which the seller used to create Paypal account(I confirm this in my auto Paypal payment confirmation e-mail)..

I'm not sure if the e-mails work in a chargeback, I will try.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    Reverse the charge on your credit card and/or file a PayPal complaint. No need to mess around with the sell, especially if you don't have the watch.

Blank warranty cards are pretty common and is no indication by itself of a fake watch. You'd need the watch in your possession to open it up and see the serial number (or read it off the back of the case).

This is why you use credit cards. Just reverse the charges.

But the problem here is that the watch is detained by Israel Customs. I just got e-mails from sellers who admitted Israel Customs detained the package because there is a replica watch inside(I think there is no benefits for him to lied about that), but Paypal needs official evidence, which I cannot offer now. I'm having difficulties contacting Israel Customs, maybe there is some problem with my Skype..

The carrier, United States Postal Service tracking only shows it was delivered to Israel airport on Apirl 18, 5 days after I shipped it. And the international inquire takes more than 60 days..

Thank you for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    If you paid by PayPal you don't need to prove to PayPal that the watch is fake. All you have to do is show them evidence (messages) that you returned the watch as agreed to with the seller, because it was not as described, and that the seller has not yet refunded your payment. PayPal should issue you a refund and charge it back to the seller. Hopefully you have proof that the watch was shipped back, as we'll as a tracking number.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information