Urgent homage help needed!!!

Thread: Urgent homage help needed!!!

Banned

Urgent homage help needed!!!

Is Patrick Stewart an homage to Mr. Clean, or vice versa?

Wait, maybe Howie Mandell is an homage to Mr. Clean....

Could it be that Howie Mandell is an homage to Patrick Stewart?

Oh man, this homage crap is confusing!

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, we could have one day dedicated to interesting and intelligent discourse instead of threads like "I gots me $943!!! What dooze I buy?" and "I can't tell if these look enough alike. Is the $79 TV watch an homage or a copy of the $3500 watch?" or is that too much to ask? I realize that may mean there are NO threads for 24 hours, but that would still serve a purpose - it would give the mods a day off.

Re: Urgent homage help needed!!!

It's Howie!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ozy

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    Is Patrick Stewart an homage to Mr. Clean, or vice versa?

Wait, maybe Howie Mandell is an homage to Mr. Clean....

Could it be that Howie Mandell is an homage to Patrick Stewart?

Oh man, this homage crap is confusing!

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, we could have one day dedicated to interesting and intelligent discourse instead of threads like "I gots me $943!!! What dooze I buy?" and "I can't tell if these look enough alike. Is the $79 TV watch an homage or a copy of the $3500 watch?" or is that too much to ask? I realize that may mean there are NO threads for 24 hours, but that would still serve a purpose - it would give the mods a day off.
    Pavo absolutus

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    I hear what you are saying but we need inspirational thread starters in form.

And I just don't think Australia have the bowling attack to take 20 wickets in a match this summer...I mean, I don't think WUS has the thread starters in form at the moment.

Some need to be dropped to other sub-forums to regain confidence before coming back to the rowdy Public forum. It's been far to easy for the non-thread-starting-thread-beating members to knock off weak thread starts this season. There's been a real lack of substance in the threads as well as a lack of commitments from the OPs to fortify their position.

Quote Originally Posted by interested_party View Post
    I hear what you are saying but we need inspirational thread starters in form.

And I just don't think Australia have the bowling attack to take 20 wickets in a match this summer...I mean, I don't think WUS has the thread starters in form at the moment.

Some need to be dropped to other sub-forums to regain confidence before coming back to the rowdy Public forum. It's been far to easy for the non-thread-starting-thread-beating members to knock off weak thread starts this season. There's been a real lack of substance in the threads as well as a lack of commitments from the OPs to fortify their position.
    Get Haydo back up the order with his Mongoose. All sorted!

Whilst ULF raises a good point, its not like the remaining threads have been setting the world alight either. Do i care about some some niche JLC that has some movement that I'll never get to see? Nope. But then i just dont go to those threads, simple as that. If you dont like some of the topics coming up, just dont visit them. You're always going to get members who dont search old topics and create inane new ones. Thats online forums for you.

Holy crap that is very freaky! I wonder if this thread will go on for as long as that other homage thread jaja

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    Rotation
    Omega Speedmaster Date
    Oris F1 Day Date
    Tag Heuer F1 Grande Date
    Luminox F-117 Evo
    Tissot Quadratto Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by bluloo View Post
    Gary Busey is everywhere! hahahahahaha

No Howie is a not a homage, he is inspired by the original. Hence the soul patch (patch of hair under his lower lip). It is small design cues like that that really would make him "inspired" by the original and not a copy, er, I mean homage.

Amusing but off topic. I know the whole homage discussion ruffled a few feathers but lets try to keep new threads a) on topic, or b) post them to "The Cafe" subforum, which is for off topic posts. Thread closed.
    Lots of dive watches.

Thread Information