USA - CANADA....Whats the deal?

Thread: USA - CANADA....Whats the deal?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy USA - CANADA....Whats the deal?

IMHO,

(VENTING) Sorry...

Whats the deal....I can send a watch to "Down Under" and get tracking
    to San Deigo Online from NY State approx 4,000 miles....

I send a watch about 400 miles to Canada and all I get is a Customs #
    that USPS does not support?

Let's not talk about the proper boxes to punch on top of that......

Let me tell ya......I would rather sell to Aussie's any day......
    Man this sucks !

WAITING STILL . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

CURRENT LINE UP
    Seiko - Automatic - SKX175 - 7S26
    Seiko - Automatic - 6139-6030T
    Orient - Manual - 0278509N
    Sunnto - Vector
    Invicta - 5017 / 8928
    Gruen -Auto
    Seiko - BM

FLIPPED (Watchuseek)
    Zeno Watch Basel EA-02SV
    Invicta 9212 / 2615 / 3047
    Sector 550 Swiss Quartz
    Accutron 26B48 Auto
    Seiko - Blue Sawtooth
    Zodiac Oceanaire -CL-888
    ORSA - Orange Sea Angler
    2 Gevrils - GV2 ETA Auto

Re: USA - CANADA....Whats the deal?

Whatever has happened to you has apparently happened to others, given the number of 'CONUS Only' sales in the Sellers' Forum. Sorry...

However I don't understand why _I_ have never had any difficulty receiving watches from the US...both from private and commercial sellers. Are you sure you explored the proper procedures?

Maybe people who have successfully shipped to Canada could share their methods?
    Keep List:

Seiko SKXA35 Auto Diver
    Stauer Day/Date/Month Auto
    Glycine Incursore 100M Auto
    O&W Ocean Master Vintage handwinder
    G-Shock GW3000BD-1ajfa
    G-Shock MTG910DA-1
    Citizen EcoZilla diver
    Hamilton Khaki Officer 44mm Unitas w/custom hands and lume
    Volmax Aviator 45mm handwinder
    Laco 42mm B-Type Flieger

Wish List:

Glycine Eugene Meylan
    Hamilton Jazzmaster PR
    Meistersinger Singlehand
    A +40mm Seiko Alpinist, if Seiko ever decides to make one...

My wrist size - 8"/20.3cm

I like you're collection and collecting style... dive watches all the way baby! ;D

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just use FedEx.

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

USPS Registered Mail.

It doesn't work any better sending parcels South either. USPS it seems, does not support Canada Poste tracking #'s.

-Dave

I just went through this to send another Forum member his new Accutron-VX200. We had agreed that it was silly to spend $100 to ship a watch of this cost (not value!), so we agreed that I would send it USPS. I go to the local Post Office, they could not have been more useless and rude! I asked to send the watch as quickly as possible, to track it and to insure it. (Postal worker rolls her eyes) No deal--we can't track to Canada (rolls eyes again), we can send it priority, here's 9 forms, now please step aside (rolls eyes, sighs loudly and spits at me).

Ok, I made up the spitting part.

I apologise on their behalf to the member, who, I presume, is still waiting on the Accutron, but it looks like the choices are:
    1. Ship via private (UPS or FedEx) and pay a fortune; or
    2. Deal with the non-tracking, Customs # only USPS (which still cost $23--for their "Premium" shipping option--Priority Mail).

The woman at the Post Office is the poster child for the privitisation argument!

DEAC
    Last edited by DEAC; January 14th, 2009 at 17:50.
    Favourites: SeaGull 1963, CWC G10/98 British Army (issued) c. 1976, Omega Seamaster cal. 562 (1966), Seiko Orange Monster, Citizen Aqualand 20th Anniv., Smith's Astral, Rolex 1603 (1966), Glycine Combat 7 3898, Casio Pathfinder PAG80, Beuchat Access 550M, ORSA Sea Angler Lithium, Limes World Heritage, Omega f300 Chronometer (c. 1974), Rolex 6426 (1967), Komandirskie K-34 automatic, Suunto Vector, Citizen Ecozilla, Rado Purple Horse
    DEAC

We'll since I'm the nice guy who purchased your lovely Accutron (Can't wait!), I guess I can explain from the Canadian side why we like USPS over UPS/FedEx! lol

This may be long so I apologize now!

For some reason, UPS/FedEx find it proper to charge a "brokerage fee" on any packages coming from the US.

This brokerage fee is usually around the $30 range but depends on the specific package.

Ebay is particularly bad for this because typically the person will charge (avg) $20 for shipping on an item. So you pay your $100 plus $20 shipping and think your done right!

WRONG!

About 2 weeks later, you get a bill in the mail for $30-$45 for "brokerage fees".

So now all of a sudden, your $100 item has cost $150+

I've been charged $30 brokerage fees on a $20 item I bought on Ebay! Suffice it to say, I had collection agencies calling me for a while to collect UPS's $20! After a few months, they gave up! lol

SO, in saying that, if you ship USPS, there are $0 brokerage fees!

I'll NEVER buy/accept anything if the person is not willing to ship USPS.

I just bought a SS bracelet from The Watch Price. It was $37.00 + $25 shipping.

Total Canadian was $72.25!

What a lot of people do who live in and around Vancouver is to ship to Point Robers, WA.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Point+Roberts,+Whatcom ,+Washington&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=31.922255,56.25&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocod e=FbZy6wIdPACq-A&split=0&ll=49.029765,-122.954865&spn=0.412393,0.878906&t=h&z=10

It's the stupidest thing you have ever seen in your life!

If I purchased that same SS bracelet and had them shipped to PR, WA the shipping would have been about $2 even if it was coming from New York!

They have to GO THROUGH Canada to get to Point Robers!

So I might actually live 300 miles CLOSER to where it's coming from, but get charged 10x's more because it's considered "International" where Point Robers is still considered the US!

Doesn't quite make sense does it???

So those are Our reasons for not wanting it shipped by UPS/FedEx!

There is actually a guy who started a class action lawsuit against UPS because of the so called "Brokerage Fees".....

As for me, I could really care less if I have a tracking number or not. So far, I have never had anything go missing when using USPS... I'm also fine with it taking an extra few days if I'm saving myself $30-$45!

As for us in Canada, our Government owned/run "Canada Post" is an absolute Pleasure to deal with! Nothing but good things to say about them! (Although not 100% perfect of course)

It's usually UPS/FedEx that give us the Roll Eyes type service....

Hope that makes sense and clears up some of the confusion....

Cheers,

Jay

P.S. I can't wait for my Accutron!!!!

And sorry for putting you through that ordeal Robert! But I do appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by DEAC View Post
    I just went through this to send another Forum member his new Accutron-VX200. We had agreed that it was silly to spend $100 to ship a watch of this cost (not value!), so we agreed that I would send it USPS. I go to the local Post Office, they could not have been more useless and rude! I asked to send the watch as quickly as possible, to track it and to insure it. (Postal worker rolls her eyes) No deal--we can't track to Canada (rolls eyes again), we can send it priority, here's 9 forms, now please step aside (rolls eyes, sighs loudly and spits at me).
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAC View Post

Ok, I made up the spitting part.

I apologise on their behalf to the member, who, I presume, is still waiting on the Accutron, but it looks like the choices are:
    1. Ship via private (UPS or FedEx) and pay a fortune; or
    2. Deal with the non-tracking, Customs # only USPS (which still cost $23--for their "Premium" shipping option--Priority Mail).

The woman at the Post Office is the poster child for the privitisation argument!

DEAC
    Last edited by JAYMAC10; January 14th, 2009 at 19:01.

I did a trade with a guy in Canada. I'm in US. We each sent our watches. I sent mine insured for $5000 but marked as a gift (it was a trade). His watch arrived no problem, mine Canadian customs wanted to bill him over $300 to deliver it. He refused delivery, they sent it back to me, I ended up shipping w/o insurance. Needless to say I was stressed. I already had his watch so I couldn't undo the deal as I would still have to return his watch. Solution - I don't ship to Canada anymore unless the value is low.

Jay:

Now that I understand the "brokerage fees" issue, I understand.

No problem that I had to put up with some attitude at the USPS--If that's the price to be paid for shipping to fellow forum members in the Great Country of Canada, I'll deal with it!

Enjoy your Accutron--great watch, amazing bracelet.
    Best,
    DEAC (Robert)
    Favourites: SeaGull 1963, CWC G10/98 British Army (issued) c. 1976, Omega Seamaster cal. 562 (1966), Seiko Orange Monster, Citizen Aqualand 20th Anniv., Smith's Astral, Rolex 1603 (1966), Glycine Combat 7 3898, Casio Pathfinder PAG80, Beuchat Access 550M, ORSA Sea Angler Lithium, Limes World Heritage, Omega f300 Chronometer (c. 1974), Rolex 6426 (1967), Komandirskie K-34 automatic, Suunto Vector, Citizen Ecozilla, Rado Purple Horse
    DEAC

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information