Used Sinn watch advice
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nikrnic

Thread: Used Sinn watch advice

Used Sinn watch advice

I'm very interested in this watch. It's listed as a Sinn Edelstahl Automatic Chronographer, 3115154. This movement looks like an ETA 7751. It seems that some siblings are selling watches that their recently-departed father had in his collection but $2,495 seems a bit much as the first thing I would do upon purchase is have it serviced even though it appears to have been little-used. That said I'm not exactly an expert so I'd appreciate some input as to what members think is a fair price. Thanks in advance for your input.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Used Sinn watch advice

We don't/can't do valuations here (see the forum rules), but one thing I would not do is immediately and blindly have it serviced--it looks in good shape, and may be running fine. While planning for the worst-case scenario is always prudent, I would hope for the best, and only spend that money if necessary--I'm betting it's not.

Im not a big Sinn fan anymore, there getting overpriced too. I bought a new 104 pilot @3years ago (from Chronext for $890.) and it was pretty ok nice but not impressed by the selitta/eta mvmt. at least mine kept horrible time. Anyway heres one that looks simaler to yours with a bracelet, now on C/24, says pre-owned 2018 model. Good Luck to ya...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nikrnic; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:13.
    MJD999 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nikrnic View Post
    Im not a big Sinn fan anymore, there getting overpriced too. I bought a new 104 pilot @3years ago (from Chronext for $890.) and it was pretty ok nice but not impressed by the selitta/eta mvmt. at least mine kept horrible time. Anyway heres one that looks simaler to yours with a bracelet, now on C/24, says pre-owned 2018 model. Good Luck to ya...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Just curious, what do you consider horrible time?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Strange - the same exact photos you posted appear on eBay for a watch that has a sale price of $1,999.... not just the same watch. The same photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_R View Post
    Strange - the same exact photos you posted appear on eBay for a watch that has a sale price of $1,999.... not just the same watch. The same photos.
    Locally on craigslist so they must be trying to cover all the the selling sites. Really weird that they would have two separate prices.

Thread Information