Used Watches - Where do you go, who do you trust?

Thread: Used Watches - Where do you go, who do you trust?

Used Watches - Where do you go, who do you trust?

If you purchase used watches, have you had good experiences? Bad experiences? Where do you like to go to buy used watches? I'm tallking about watches that retail for about $2000 - $2,500 new and hopefully half that amount used.

Thank you.

Re: Used Watches - Where do you go, who do you trust?

Hello,

At this point I have purchased three not directly from an AD. First you need to know exactly what you are looking for. In detail.

2. Start with the Forums: WUS, Omega Forum, Rolex Forum, EBay as well, but not my first choice.

3. Research the sellers that have what you want to ensure they are credible. Have a call with them to go over the item you are interested in and negotiate the price.

4. Go with the seller you have confidence in.

I have personally purchased from sellers that post on all the forums, and I purchased one from an EBay seller via PayPal instead of FeeBay at a negotiated price.

If you can negotiate it always pay via PayPal as a purchase as that will give you some protection. Once you get to know the seller you can do direct transfer when the trust is gained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have purchased more than 200 new and used in the aftermarket--first stop is right here--check their feedback, take the usual precautions--next is the bay--they have a feedback system--avail yourself of it. I ignore the smaller dedicated-brand-only forums--usually a bit too anal, and if you're not an insider, you're not an insider.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have bought several off eBay. And, several times I had to buy extra movements to be used for parts. When I buy an old watch, even if not working to my liking, it's not my style to return it.
    I had a very good watch maker that got kind of bored doing normal cleaning and servicing and just loved to do my special rebuilt projects.
    But, that was then, and these days I prefer to buy new. Besides, my watchmaker of many years moved on to pursue other endeavours

Yes I have purchased used in the past. I had a excellent experience. The seller is a private watch dealer. Most of his watches sell for more money than you listed. I am lucky because most of his sales are on line however he does have a store front close to where I live in central Florida. His on line store is Davidsw.
    Last edited by 71 TRUCK; November 17th, 2017 at 15:33.

Yes,I have purchased pre owned watches online before and all of those cost more than your price range

Make sure you research the seller and can you trust the seller from few emails back and forth

Usually I like dealing with Japanese dealers as they're honest and fair about conditions and price

Banned

I have purchased one pre-owned from WUS. One from Connoisseur of Time, serviced, with their 1 yr. warranty and COA. Happy with both. Many retailers also have pre-owned watches along with new. One is WUS sponsor Timeless Luxury Watches.
    Last edited by priamo; November 17th, 2017 at 18:10.

Topper
    Radcliffe
    Govberg
    EuropeanWatch.com
    bernardwatch.com

Thread Information