Using butterfly clasp...potentially stupid question

Thread: Using butterfly clasp...potentially stupid question

Using butterfly clasp...potentially stupid question

So on my SS butterfly clasp, I see two ways to close it after I fold it to get it ready to engage.

First way is to squeeze the release and push the clasp into place. Letting go secures the clasp and it is ready to go.

Second way is to put finger between the clasp and my wrist, directly under the point the clasp connects in to. Then I push on the outer side of the clasp. I hear a click and it's secure.

I was doing the second way but i wasn't sure if putting my finger between wrist and clasp was right. Its the only way i could give enough support to push and click the clasp tough. The first way is nice but I am not always sure if the clasp is secure because here is no audible click.

Is there a correct way to do this?

Re: Using butterfly clasp...potentially stupid question

Both ways work, there isn't a right or wrong way. But because the metals are grinding when you use your 2nd way, the metal eventually gets worn out and in the future will not close securely which will make it pop open when you apply some force onto the clasp. The first way prevents the wear and thus the clasp lasts longer. For all my clasp type watches, I use your first method. :)

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by HoungMao View Post
    Both ways work, there isn't a right or wrong way. But because the metals are grinding when you use your 2nd way, the metal eventually gets worn out and in the future will not close securely which will make it pop open when you apply some force onto the clasp. The first way prevents the wear and thus the clasp lasts longer. For all my clasp type watches, I use your first method. :)

Hope that helps.
    +1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Use the 1st method to fastern (to prevent unnecessary wear to metal parts) and then followed by the pressure from the 2nd method to confirm that buckle is indeed properly fasterned.

Use number 1 whenever you can on a butterfly clasp with a click opener. There are many that don have such an opener so number two is the only choice.

Banned

A slice of bread can be buttered two ways, both are correct.

I say you can do either way. As long as the clasp engages, it is absolutely fine!

Thread Information