USPS and quartz watches

Thread: USPS and quartz watches

USPS and quartz watches

Hi all,
    Could use some expertise. I believe USPS doesn't allow lithium batteries to be shipped or you have to sign off acknowledging your package doesn't contain "hazardous item." Does this apply to quartz watches? If so, how have you shipped your quartz watches CONUS. Appreciate the help. Thanks.

Re: USPS and quartz watches

I have shipped and been shipped these and answered no to those questions.....

Quote Originally Posted by elysian73 View Post
    Hi all,
    Could use some expertise. I believe USPS doesn't allow lithium batteries to be shipped or you have to sign off acknowledging your package doesn't contain "hazardous item." Does this apply to quartz watches? If so, how have you shipped your quartz watches CONUS. Appreciate the help. Thanks.
    Lee Rappeport

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

PREVIOUSLY OWNED

Glycine Vacuum, Glycine Observer (2), Glycine Power reserve DLC, Rolex sub no date(1967), Rolex sub Chronometer movement, Bulova Accutron RR edition,
    Seiko Orange monster, IWC 38mm Pilot, Chronoswiss Kairos SS, Steinhart O1V, Oris BC3, Oris triple complication, Tissot Sea Star, MK II Seafighter, Seiko SNKF11, Steinhart Ocean 44, Steinhart Ocean Black GMT, Seiko SRP 777 TURTLE, Seiko SUN045 50th Anniversary Kinetic.

CURRENTLY OWN

Hamilton Barton (circa 1951), Seiko SBBN035 TUNA, and a $5.00 quartz watch.....

Check the shipping rules for items that contain lithium cells as for some reason I can only see the U.K. rules and not the U.S. ones

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi all,
    I've shipped many quartz watches via USPS and have never once had a problem.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hi all,
    Don't worry about it. I've shipped everything from laptops to cell phones to cameras, all of which have MUCH bigger Li-ion batteries than anything that will ever go into a watch. Ship it as a fragile item if you want, USPS doesn't charge extra for that so you might as well, although it's probably unnecessary with a quartz watch. For the hazardous materials question just answer no.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bullet...l/updt_004.htm

Effective May 16, 2012, the Postal Service™ will revise Mailing Standards of the United States Postal Service, Domestic Mail Manual (DMM®) section 601.10.20 to codify that primary lithium metal or lithium alloy (nonrechargeable) cells and batteries or secondary lithium-ion cells and bat.teries (rechargeable) are prohibited when mailed interna.tionally or to and from an APO, FPO, or DPO location. However, this prohibition does not apply to lithium batter.ies authorized under DMM 601.10.20 when mailed within the United States or its territories.

International standards have recently been the subject of discussion by the International Civil Aviation Organiza.tion (ICAO) and the Universal Postal Union (UPU), and the Postal Service anticipates that on January 1, 2013, cus.tomers will be able to mail specific quantities of lithium bat.teries internationally (including to and from an APO, FPO, or DPO location) when the batteries are properly installed in the personal electronic devices they are intended to operate
    domestic US mail fine, international, only in device it is for.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    For most of us, when we wear a bad-a** watch, the characteristics of the watch "bleed over" to us -- and suddenly, WE are bad-a**es!
    For some members here though -- like Steelerswit, and Kubr1ck -- they have so much inherent "bad-a**ery" that when they put on a bad-a** watch, the energy flows from them TO the watch, making the watch EVEN MORE bad-a**!!! Yes, it's a real scientific phenomenon that obscure mad scientists only recently discovered.

Thanks for the input everyone. That helps ease any concern.

Thread Information