USPS Troubles, Rant, and Misery
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: USPS Troubles, Rant, and Misery

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

USPS Troubles, Rant, and Misery

Had a bezel issue with my 3536 and some movement issues on my EZM1 (running crazy fast), two of my four central pieces. Got in touch with two different service centers and mailed them out Registered-Insured Priority mail last Tuesday morning (10-22) for delivery on Thursday (10-24). The guy made a big show of stamping all over the seams saying "this is the most secure way to send stuff". Fast foward to today. Last update was Wednesday and now both packages of AWOL. The EZM1 is one of 300 LE releases and will probably take a couple of years to replace if not longer. The 3536 Ti is somewhat easier to find but definitely not a common watch and I'd have to go through the destro-ization again. All-in-all, if I lose both of these, my watch collection is left with two huge holes. And here I thought I was getting near the end of adding to my core collection. I know you guys can't help, and it is only "stuff". Still, this is as frustrated as I've ever been since joining the ranks of the watch obsessed. Damn it.x10^10^10^10
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

Re: USPS Troubles, Rant, and Misery

Wow. I would be so pissed. Hope it all works out in the end.
    enkidu likes this.

Don't wig out yet. Registered stuff is often stored in a safe and if it isn't a high volume post office they sometimes get forgotten there. Chances are still VERY high they will show up.
    enkidu likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I always thought Registered Mail takes weeks to have delivered, but was the most secure way of sending. Where did you send to? Sinn Germany?
    enkidu likes this.

Banned

nah. you're fine... takes a while specially in Germany.

i did the same thing once, same thing, stamped galore.... MIA for two weeks, next thing I know the service center says, "it's already on it's way back"... shows up the next day all proper, no sweat... except i was sweating bullets for the two weeks i didn't know anything.
    enkidu likes this.

Thanks guys. It really means a lot to me. I certainly hope you're right and they're just stuck in a safe somewhere. I sent the EZM to RGM, so it's domestic, precisely because I experienced the same heart trouble that you went through, Memphis1, when I sent my Nomos in for servicing; weeks of no communication and then boom, package returned. Dunno how they can do so well with my regular Priority Mail packages and screw up their "flagship" shipping service so badly. Sigh. At least this is providing a challenging scenario for my inner calm.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by enkidu View Post
    Thanks guys. It really means a lot to me. I certainly hope you're right and they're just stuck in a safe somewhere. I sent the EZM to RGM, so it's domestic, precisely because I experienced the same heart trouble that you went through, Memphis1, when I sent my Nomos in for servicing; weeks of no communication and then boom, package returned. Dunno how they can do so well with my regular Priority Mail packages and screw up their "flagship" shipping service so badly. Sigh. At least this is providing a challenging scenario for my inner calm.
    Man I HATE that feeling! There's so much stress associated with sending out the babies, I can barely stand the stress during normal transit I can't imagine the stress of having them disappear. I'm really hoping they turn up and you get a happy ending to this situation.

Hang in there!
    enkidu likes this.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Class 1 CLASSIFIED items are approved to be transferred via Registered mail service. I am SURE it will turn up for you.

Only time I heard of registered items gone missing was when post offices burns down or the time when 2 post offices were quarantined over the poisoned/deadly virus mail scare few years back. Those post offices were closed for like 13 months I believe.
    enkidu likes this.
    Chronic flipper...

Thanks for the support guys. alx007, ilitig8, eastbaysteve, Memphis1, Doboji, hpark21, I really really do appreciate it. Here's hoping the trace-request I've put on the shipments will scare these packages out of whatever nook in which they're hiding. Fingers crossed. I'll bump this thread with whatever updates come my way. Thanks again.

I had a watch sent via USPS two day shipping disappear for few days but it turned up. I'm sure you're will too!
    enkidu likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information