valjoux 7750 problem.....

Thread: valjoux 7750 problem.....

valjoux 7750 problem.....

A got a watch in the post today, a swiss army chronopro, uses 7750 movement. All looked good when i opened the box, however when i started the chrono hand i noticed how lumpy and erratic the movement was, i have 6 or 7 other 7750's an none of them are like this.

Also when i handwind the watch the rotor spins rapidly, i've never seen this in any other of my 7750's.

Question is, do i have a lemon?.

Seller sold watch as new, however there were sizing marks on links and marks on the lugs also and effort to polish the clasp. I was going to send it back anyway, just need some advice on the movement problems.

:thanks

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

Re: valjoux 7750 problem.....

I would send it back.

Jumpy, erratic second hand and rotor spinning during handwinding are indications of poor adjustment/servicing.

Quote Originally Posted by lysanderxiii View Post
    I would send it back.

Jumpy, erratic second hand and rotor spinning during handwinding are indications of poor adjustment/servicing.

Thanks for the reply. Just got a mail from the seller, he states watch was new and in perfect condition when sent. So the mailman obviously tried it on, sized it, used it as a beater for a week and filled out a warranty card for 03/07/2007 from dexclusive. FFS: some sellers on ebay have no clue

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The rotor only winds one way and can look 'lumpy' when doing so. The rotor will spin freely in the non-winding direction and may cause the watch to shake - the so-called 'Valjoux wobble'. If the hands are jumping around it is a wrong-un tho'.

ya send it back ;)

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth

Thanks for the reply. Just got a mail from the seller, he states watch was new and in perfect condition when sent. So the mailman obviously tried it on, sized it, used it as a beater for a week and filled out a warranty card for 03/07/2007 from dexclusive. FFS: some sellers on ebay have no clue
    Lmao! It happens ;)
    Stratocasters Rock!