I am looking for a good trekking watch to replace my old Casio PRG 50 which lasted close to 10 years before finally giving out few months back.
Ideally I wanted a watch with GPS features but soon realised that none of the GPS watches had any decent battery life and a non GPS watch is longer lasting espcially on treks.
So I fell back to Casio trekking watches but was amazed to see so many options in different price scale however the features appears to same in most of them.
So this is where I require your help, from Trekking \ Hiking \ Wilderness \ water sports perspective
1) Can you recommend a good trekking watch ( at minimum should have great battery life / good Alti meter / Thermometer / Compass) - Any good models even if its not Casio as long as it meets my requirement.
2) Alternatively can some one tell me whats the real diffrence between these models of casio - other than the price the features seem very similar PRG-270D-7 , PRW-6100Y-1, PRG 250
Budget approx : 500 USD
1) Long battery life
2) Alti / Thermo / Compass
3) Filled with partical features
4) Water proof
5) Durable ( can withstand abuse of outdoor/ trekking )
6) larger screen/display than my old PRG 50 if possible
Mods : I have posted the same in Casio & Public forum as I was not sure which would be the right forum for this post.
Thanks in advance