VC Overseas or One of Two GO's?

Thread: VC Overseas or One of Two GO's?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VC Overseas or One of Two GO's?

Good morning all,

I know these "and/or" questions upset some because the decision always comes down to "pick the one that speaks to you the most" kinda philosophy, but the reason I'm posting is because I may only be able to have one or the other for the next few years. I'm also considering the GO Sport Evolution Impact as well (which would more fairly compare to the Overseas), but I think the Ceramic Perpetual is "speaking to me more" lately...I think.

I love the fact that the GO's have in-house movements with display backs and their fit and finish seem to be on-par with the Overseas. Obviously, a black ceramic watch is completely different in the looks department compared to a mix of polished/flat on the Overseas and Sport Evo Impact. The Ceramic Senator Perpetual is straight up cooooool! I've had the pleasure of handling one at my AD, and man is that thing sweet! However, I'm not too sure if an all black watch will keep me smiling long-term, even though I love the fact it's scratch proof and it should look good as new years down the line. The Sport Evo doesn't have a date function, and that bugs me a little. Here's the crazy part, I've always wanted a VC Overseas for years now. My problem is, I've NEVER seen one in person and only in pics and vids. For anyone that owns or has owned an Overseas, does the watch feel and look as impressive as one might imagine from pics? For instance, I have a Ball Aviatior Officer that pictures simply don't do justice for. The watch is absolutely amazing and I'm hoping the Overseas blows me away and I look back and say it too does not show all it's qualities in pictures. The only thing that bugs me about the Overseas is that the movement is completely built in-house. I do love the pedigree of VC and that bracelet is incredibly beautiful (the GO Sport bracelet seems amazing too from what owners have reported here).

So, I guess this comes down to me asking what you'd pick out of these and why? Again, I know it's simply one person's opinion over another, but I'm sincerely interested on everyone's perception of these watches. Thanks in advance everyone!:thanks

Banned

Re: VC Overseas or One of Two GO's?

Sorry this will sound rude, but the standard rule is "no pictures = no help". Google a few and post them - internet forums run on photos.

VC Overseas is my grail. I would be hard pressed to pick against it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It sounds like you like the VC the best (I do too). If you really want to see it in person go to the nearest AD and see it (even if its an hour a way, this is a big purchase). I personally am not a fan of the three watches you want to buy. Have you considered an AP royal oak? that seems to be the biggest competitor for the overseas (and the more attractive one).
    vs
    This is why I don't buy quartz.

Pretty good problem to have!

For me:

1. GO SE
    2. VC
    3. GO CP

To me, the Ceramic takes away from the overall GO elegance proposition. I would highly suggest the GO Pano series if you have not already looked. Although I am a little bias! The movements in all of the watches you mention are legendary

Regarding perception, you will find that both brands are very well regarded on these forums. The bottom line is: Get the one that sings to you most. And pis are a must! Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by jobryan View Post
    It sounds like you like the VC the best (I do too). If you really want to see it in person go to the nearest AD and see it (even if its an hour a way, this is a big purchase). I personally am not a fan of the three watches you want to buy. Have you considered an AP royal oak? that seems to be the biggest competitor for the overseas (and the more attractive one).

Thank you all for your feedback so far. Unfortunately, there is no AD in Arizona anymore. I do travel to CA every so often, so I guess I could stop in an AD there next time I'm near. No question, that would be the prudent thing to do!

I do like some of the AP RO's, but because three people I know have them, they've become too mainstream in my little world. I've been looking at their watches now for years, and I've become a little bored with AP look (at least for the time being).

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaracer1 View Post
    Pretty good problem to have!

For me:

1. GO SE
    2. VC
    3. GO CP

To me, the Ceramic takes away from the overall GO elegance proposition. I would highly suggest the GO Pano series if you have not already looked. Although I am a little bias! The movements in all of the watches you mention are legendary

Regarding perception, you will find that both brands are very well regarded on these forums. The bottom line is: Get the one that sings to you most. And pis are a must! Good luck
    Thank you very much for your input! It may just be me, but do you think the Pano series is a little more dressy than the Overseas? The reason I ask is, I plan on only having one formal watch and that's reserved for a Lange once I come to grips with spending that kind of cash on a watch. I'm normally a jeans/collared shirt or beach attire type of guy, so formal dress is not very prevalent in my life.

I agree with the elegance part of your statment with the ceramic GO, but for some reason it is just uber cool. Another watch that must be seen in person to appreciate. Unfortunately, the price is sky-high...even higher than the VC new.

Decisions...decisions.

I've handled but never owned the VC Overseas and it is also one of my favorites. If I were to choose, I'd go with the VC since it is a bit more unique, you really cannot mistake it for anything. The bracelet on the Overseas is amazing, not sure how it's sizing would go for it though since I don't think it has micro adjustments so that is one issue you might consider but if you decide on the grey Overseas, then that shouldn't be a problem. I have actually been considering it for a while now, the size is just borderline too big for me, which has hindered my purchase.

Compare to the Pano, the Overseas is definitely a more sporty watch option.

I agree with you that on the GO SE not having a date is annoying. As is the VC Overseas having basically a JLC movement but a VC price tag. That said, on looks alone, the VC wins in my mind. Great dial, fantastic detail on the bezel and the band rocks.

I would pick the VC all day every day over the AP RO (which like you said is getting mainstream and quite frankly, the average non WIS person would call ugly, something nobody would say for the VC).

So VC over GO --- and this is coming from a GO fan (loooveee my Senator Panorama Date 40mm grey dial) but have to give the VC credit.

Caveat at the end -- of course get the one that sings to you =)

i just can't seem to warm up to the bezel on the vc.
    the official canadian time: http://time5.nrc.ca/webclock_e.shtml

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information