WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Ventura watches - why no love?

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  VaEagle 
#1 ·
I'm new to watches and I'm looking for answers as to why Ventura watches aren't more coveted. I see these come up from time to time but they're usually a hard sell for the eBayer. I once had the smaller version of this watch that I bought after meeting someone who had one and thinking it was the ..... I'd love to get the larger version. However, I'm now more interested in watches that 1. I love 2. Have potential to increase in value so I can keep selling and upgrading. This one ticks the first box, anyway..

I know people will say just get what you love and don't worry about it but that means I would be buying watches all day long starting with just about every Jaeger Lecoultre ever made!

Are Ventura watches not investment quality? Why are the hard to sell with relatively low prices? Thoughts?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Taste is in the eye of the beholder but to my eyes:
Hour & minute hand are too short
Dial design is not balanced
Bezel appears purposeless, no timing marks
Triangle is awkwardly placed at bezel’s edge
It doesn’t surprise me that there’s not much interest. Just being honest.

#14 ·
Taste is in the eye of the beholder but to my eyes:
Hour & minute hand are too short
Dial design is not balanced
Bezel appears purposeless, no timing marks
Triangle is awkwardly placed at bezel's edge
It doesn't surprise me that there's not much interest. Just being honest.
Sums up my impressions pretty well. I can think of about 200 watch brands that produce watches I like more than anything from Ventura ... and I can probably name only 200 watch brands.

#13 ·
Im a Ventura enthusiast.currenty have five,all digital including the Sparc FX auto.Personally i find them beautiful objects with probably the best digital displays anywhere.
All assembled by hand in Germany and Switzerland and in tiny numbers they are very exclusive and yes the company is still in business.
I feel they offer something unique and different in a sea of automatic round dial watches where a change of colour on a seconds hand is seen as big news. There products are all designed (by some famous world class designers) and made in house including their own designed and developed modules.
Anyway i love all my Venturas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.