Vibration

Thread: Vibration

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vibration

Here is a question for the experienced bikers concerning watches. Does the vibration involved in riding motorcycles affect watches in either short or long term function?

thanks
    jdm
    jdm21
    Tucson, Az

Re: Vibration

Quote Originally Posted by jdm21 View Post
    Here is a question for the experienced bikers concerning watches. Does the vibration involved in riding motorcycles affect watches in either short or long term function?

thanks
    jdm

Hmm... I wish we all knew somebody with a lot of watches, visits the forums a hundred times a day, and rides motorcycles...

...professionally...

...preferably a moderator...

...and he's going to give me a ride in his GT-R when he gets one...

-Jay (Would punch a nun for a ride in one of those suckers...)
    Rolex Milgauss GV Z-Blue ~ Breitling for Bentley Motors T ~ Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish XPlus ~ Omega f300 Cal. 1250 ~ Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono ~ Hamilton Khaki QNE ~ Accutron VX-200 ~ Accutron Gemini Chrono ~ Accutron Bulova Astronaut ~ Seiko 6138 Bullhead ~ Seiko Turtle 6309 ~ Seiko Orange Monster ~ Seiko Black Monster ~ Tissot T Touch Expert II ~ ...a few others...

Jay- Yeah. My gears were turning in the same direction.. .

Rick.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well gee thanks Jay for the intro. bikes have no effect on a watch, short or long term. sometimes I take it off and put it in the tail section when racing. none have died or lost time even with the abuse that can occur. when worn on the wrist, the suspension absorbs the shocks and jolt, so it never gets to the clip-ons. also the clipons are weighted to keep vibration out. the only time I have killed a watch on a bike was when hi-siding and landing on my head and wrist.

Thanks for responding Sean. Does this shock resistance/vibration resistance even apply to inexpensive watches or just to the better brands?
    jdm21
    Tucson, Az

I have ridden with my cheap Croton Chronomaster, about 10,000 miles on my 2003 Aprilia Tuono. A bike I like to call the Jackhammer B**ch. If this $60 watch can take it, most cheapies will. I would be more afraid of an expensive auto getting hurt...I usually leave them home when I ride.
    Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

an aprillia is a twin with 2 counter balancers. ducatis are 90 degrees and are already balanced. inline fours buzz. cheap watches work great. I have one velcroed to the triple tree. a 200m gshock. I carry a quartz and a automatic when playing on the backroads. some of the guys wear timex.
    others armitron. I wore a tag heuer super 1000m for 3 years in a row. its still working. last year I trashed a aprillia mille factory bike while wearing a tag f1 chrono. that one died. it must have been the smack on the pavement.

Thumbs Up Re: Vibration

Sean
    that picture is insane!! What happened to the laws of physics? Dude!
    jdm21
    Tucson, Az

Never had no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    Well gee thanks Jay for the intro. bikes have no effect on a watch, short or long term. sometimes I take it off and put it in the tail section when racing. none have died or lost time even with the abuse that can occur. when worn on the wrist, the suspension absorbs the shocks and jolt, so it never gets to the clip-ons. also the clipons are weighted to keep vibration out. the only time I have killed a watch on a bike was when hi-siding and landing on my head and wrist.
    well, i have to say that i have a luminox 8002 and it loosses time consistently when i ride or any vibration.

when i dont wear it it keeps -+0 seconds for 2 weeks (thats the longest time i didnt wear it)

and when i wear it, it depends on how much it gets vibrated and it losses +- 10 sconds aweek with 30 minutes of ride every day on a high way. :\

any suggestions?
    i really like it but its a sheme that vibration affects it. :\

what should i do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information