Victorinox Airboss limited edition - worth it?

Thread: Victorinox Airboss limited edition - worth it?

Victorinox Airboss limited edition - worth it?

Hi there,

I recently developed a fascination with mechnical watches. One day at the mall, I came across a Victorinox Airboss limited edition (that's what is advertised). After digging into it a little about the watch, I found out it uses the ETA 7753 movement - not sure how different from the 7750 though.

The listed price for the watch is usd1300, i was just wondering if the watch is worth the money since I have not heard Victorinox being a watch brand. The Oris Sinatra collection uses the same movement and has a much higher listed price. I think some of BALL and Maurice Lacroix uses the 7753 in their chrono too.

From other posts, I understand ETA grades its movements, but how can one tell whether a brand uses an A movement vs an E movement?

Thanks for your help
    kymikai

stuffler,mike

Re: Victorinox Airboss limited edition - worth it?

All ETA (former Valjoux) 775... belong to the 7750 family (same pedegree though).
    The Valjoux 7750 and the Valjoux 7753 basicly are the same movement except the 7753 has the subdials at 3, 6 & 9.

Both are very common and available in different grades (see for more info: www.eta.ch).

Here´s one from BRM:

Other 7753 powered watches: Junkers, Zeno, Sothis, Hamilton, Panerai, Schauer. Try google to find more.

Hi kymikai,

me owns one Airboss Mach 6 of Victorinox, I can swear you: it's worth! Never had a nicer mechanical watch.

Victorinox is one of the most famous Swiss brands, as they staff the Swiss military since decades with tools, watches and pocket knifes (ever heard of the "Swiss army knife" - this is Victorinox). Due to the fact, tourists are buying the famous knifes out of the dealers hands, Victorinox seems to have decided, to sell the tools and especially their watches to the mass-market.

Have a look at http://www.victorinoxswissarmy.com - there are the actual models listed.

Bye
    freezejbc

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kymikai
    Hi there,

I recently developed a fascination with mechnical watches. One day at the mall, I came across a Victorinox Airboss limited edition (that's what is advertised). After digging into it a little about the watch, I found out it uses the ETA 7753 movement - not sure how different from the 7750 though.

The listed price for the watch is usd1300, i was just wondering if the watch is worth the money since I have not heard Victorinox being a watch brand. The Oris Sinatra collection uses the same movement and has a much higher listed price. I think some of BALL and Maurice Lacroix uses the 7753 in their chrono too.

From other posts, I understand ETA grades its movements, but how can one tell whether a brand uses an A movement vs an E movement?

Thanks for your help
    kymikai
    The non limited Mach 6 also has the 7753 and is about $300 cheaper so it is up to you to see if the limited edition is worth it. Unless there is some upgraded decoration of the movement the only difference I have seen is the dial color that is exclusive to the LE. I did own a Swiss Army Mach 4 a while back and the quality was good for the money....

Lightbulb Re: Victorinox Airboss limited edition - worth it?

ETA Valjoux 7753 Top Execution
    This Limited Edition timepiece features a distinctive deep blue dial with black subdials and a black leather strap with contrast stitching.
    Packaged in a special, high-gloss black watch winder box.
    Last edited by Gregory Carrez; February 6th, 2007 at 08:58.

That one is sold out, even my rep was surprised that we had one some
    time back.
    Quote Originally Posted by dho25 View Post

ETA Valjoux 7753 Top Execution
    This Limited Edition timepiece features a distinctive deep blue dial with black subdials and a black leather strap with contrast stitching.
    Packaged in a special, high-gloss black watch winder box.

That is a great looking LE. I would go for it because I like the blue dial.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

5 years late to the party, but what the Hey!!!

I have heard the difference between the 7750/7753 movements been described as: the 53 being more robust, heaverier built, and in much more limited numbers, therefore quite a bit more expensive. In addition, I have read that exact same description several times on the Internet.

IMHO, and as an ownwr of an Airboss myself, Swiss Army will normally give the buyer much more for their money than other brands! The 7750 at the Airboss pricepoint is an outstanding deal if you look at some of the other watches/brands that use this movement!

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    All ETA (former Valjoux) 775... belong to the 7750 family (same pedegree though).
    The Valjoux 7750 and the Valjoux 7753 basicly are the same movement except the 7753 has the subdials at 3, 6 & 9.

Both are very common and available in different grades (see for more info: www.eta.ch).

Here´s one from BRM:

Other 7753 powered watches: Junkers, Zeno, Sothis, Hamilton, Panerai, Schauer. Try google to find more.
    Last edited by kgriner; May 30th, 2011 at 23:38.

I have owned many Victorinox auto chronos from the 7753 to the Valgrange and 7750 and all of them were worth what I paid for them. I prefer the dial layout on the 7753s to the 7750s so I would go for it.
    Perrelet Seacraft Chrono
    Oris Aquis Chrono
    Perrelet Seacraft GM
    Edox ERC Chronorally
    Seiko Monster
    Sumo

Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe

Cool Re: Victorinox Airboss limited edition - worth it?

For anybody looking, I posted actual photos and a detailed analysis of this rare Swiss Army Airboss Mach 6 Limited Edition watch on my latest blog post and it's a stunner. Photos come courtesy of westsiderkg.

See the article at:
    https://www.watchhunter.org/2018/10/...ronograph.html

Name:  Victorinox-swiss-army-airboss-mach-6-limted-edition-24848-dial-closeup.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  836.5 KB

Name:  Victorinox-swiss-army-airboss-mach-6-limted-edition-24848-front.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  441.0 KB

Name:  Victorinox-swiss-army-airboss-mach-6-limted-edition-24848-chronograph-subdials.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  741.3 KB
    Time is the most valuable commodity in the world...

Thread Information