Victorinox Dive Master 500 Mechanical, ETA 2892-2

Thread: Victorinox Dive Master 500 Mechanical, ETA 2892-2

Victorinox Dive Master 500 Mechanical, ETA 2892-2

If you recall I received a Victorinox DM500 Mechanical with an ETA 2892-2 movement. I really like it, and although initially I was a little taken aback by a few scratches (nothing major, normal wear and tear) I have come to appreciate this user-watch as I wear it everyday. One thing concerning me, however, is that the weight, which is visible through the exhibition case back, spins around and winds the spring to power the watch. I have heard it is not good to shake these watches with automatic movements, but what is slightly concerning me is that the weight seems to make a little noise when it spins around. I am not sure if this is normal for the ETA 2892, and the watch still tells time perfectly and the case is intact and working well. However, when I shake or move the watch from side to side (a little more than normal wrist movement), I can hear the weight spinning around inside. Is this normal? I don't think there is anything wrong with the watch, does anyone else have experience with this watch or movement?

Thanks

Dunn

Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500 Mechanical, ETA 2892-2

The rotor noise you hear is normal, it's probably a little easier to hear it because your watch has an exhibition caseback that doesn't insulate the noise as good as a solid steel caseback would.
    Buy the seller! "Trust but Verify" quote- Ronald Reagan....

Congrats on a real cool looking watch and a great mvt! I love the 2892 it's very accurate.
    The rotor noise you hear when shaking it IS normal, no worries.
    Enjoy the watch! Brice
    | ALPINA Tribute to KM710 | AVI-8 P-51 Mustang | BLANCPAIN Bathyscaphe | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK DW5600 Rasta, DW5600HR, & GW-M6610 | DOXA 1200t Pro | ERNST & BENZ custom Chronosport | FARER Lander & Pointing II LE #2/100 GMT's, Pendine Chrono | GSD 3A pilot | MERCER Madison | NODUS Retrospect | NORQAIN Adventure Sport | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | SCURFA Bell Diver 1 PVD, DiverOne Gen I LE PVD Auto, DiverOne GenII X 9 :) | SEIKO Turtles SPB087 & SRP777 | SINN 103 | SPINNACKER Fleuss, Hull Riviera, & Hull Chrono II | SWATCH Irony Chrono | TOCKr Skytrain, DDAY + Air Defenders Blue, Panda LE, Hulk Rosegold, Black PVD | TRASKA Freediver | TUDOR North Flag | SEIKO MM200 SPB087 | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom | ZENITH Cronometro CP2 WWP LE #43/50[B] |

Preordered: ASTOR & BANKS SeaRanger

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks everyone, I am loving the watch and appreciate all the help and input.

Dunn

Wow. Whoever told you not to shake an automatic watch should never be listened to again on any subject related to timepieces. The very point of an automatic is to charge by being shaken. In fact, it can be detrimental not to shake the watch regularly since lubricants can pool unevenly within the watch causing increased wear and worse timekeeping. That's why automatic watch winders rotate the watch instead of just turning the crown to keep it wound. So enjoy your Dive Master and be worry-free!

Thread Information