Victorinox Dive Master dilema

Thread: Victorinox Dive Master dilema

Victorinox Dive Master dilema

I love the watch. I'm torn between buying the titanium version, or the stainless steel automatic. I do no want the PVD. I wish they made an automatic titanium version of the watch.

Name:  Dive-Master-500-ti-main.jpg
Views: 12474
Size:  340.6 KB

What would you do?

Currently I have an Omega Seamaster Bond (blue) and a Raymond Weil Freelancer 2720. I'm worried that a stainless steel version will just look too much like my Omega.

Re: Victorinox Dive Master dilema

I am a fan of titanium but I will choose the auto every time especially if I can get a 2892 in a dive watch for under $600. Its actually gunmetal not PVD but the bracelet does pick up scratches. I have owned the black dial on the bracelet and now just the orange on an aftermarket black strap. Since the bracelet scratches so easily I have no interest in adding the bracelet. Tough call but for me its an easy choice. Auto on the strap.
    Perrelet Seacraft Chrono
    Oris Aquis Chrono
    Perrelet Seacraft GM
    Edox ERC Chronorally
    Seiko Monster
    Sumo

That's a tough call. I think it would come down to what you plan on buying down the road. Mechanicals require service that isn't cheap. I don't really want to pay $200 to service a $600 wath. Because of that I've decided I only want to own three higher end mechanicals and then stick to quartz.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There actually is an automatic titanium version of the watch but, unfortunately for you, it's in PVD. I owned one and it's the limited edition of 900 with the big date movement

Banned

^^ look at me, look at me!!

j/k

Banned

agree with Perseus, i would just buy another one 3-5 years from now instead of servicing the old one, or spend $20 every 3 years to get a new battery installed in the quartz version.

Jeffza, trust they won't be mistaken (your omega and the DM)

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    That's a tough call. I think it would come down to what you plan on buying down the road. Mechanicals require service that isn't cheap. I don't really want to pay $200 to service a $600 wath. Because of that I've decided I only want to own three higher end mechanicals and then stick to quartz.

:)

Wish I never sold it. For me, it was a very impractical watch as I couldn't wear it daily with a suit/tie so it only found use during weekends. I was also really worried about scratching the PVD coating. I sold it and bought a steel auto pvd orange dial for 1/2 the price, but sold it soon after. Then, of course, I couldn't find another LE version for anything close to what I had sold mine for. Seems like they were selling for over MSRP for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis1 View Post
    ^^ look at me, look at me!!

j/k

That's a good point about servicing a $600 watch. I'm really not interested in PVD and I'm leaning more towards a quartz titanium.

Thread Information