Is this Victorinox some type of fake?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By neurogenesis

Thread: Is this Victorinox some type of fake?

Is this Victorinox some type of fake?

I found this Victorinox ladies model on Amazon when looking for a watch for my wife. The price is just too low, compared to all the rest, for me to not question it. What do you guys think?
    Amazon.com: Womens Victorinox Swiss Army Watch Red Dial: Watches

Re: Is this Victorinox some type of fake?

Seems legit to me... Look at the watches listed under it as suggestions, right in line price-wise. Maybe just a seller liquidating some stock, too inexpensive a watch to warrant a fake I'd guess, though they make fakes of just about everything under the sun, but again, my opinion is you're fine. Good luck, if you do pull the trigger let us know how it looks upon arrival!

Dan
    Current Collection:

Longines Master Collection Moonphase, Deep Blue World Diver 500M, Raymond Weil W1 Chronograph, Tissot PRS516 Chrono, Omega Seamaster 300, Citizen Skyhawk, Citizen Signature Automatic, Orient World Traveler GMT, Accutron VX-200, Citizen Eco Chrono BL5400-52A, Hamilton Cushion Chrono, Breitling Superocean Heritage 46, Orient Star GMT, Seiko Sportura Kinetic GMT

"It's a fake. And that's because all 'is my Patek a fake' posts contain only fake Pateks." quote, WUS member geoffbot

"... The minute a watch costs more than a well equipped Camry, I'd start feeling guilty about the purchase... " quote, WUS member LosTresGatos

"I think the only people who make rational decisions regarding watches are the people that do not post on watch forums." quote, WUS member digivandig

Looks like the real deal. Actually seems like a good price for it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't think Amazon sells replicas. Looks like a great deal for your lady.
    “This is a Roche Vouceau. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to THREE atmospheres. It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad. This is ‘THE’ sports watch of the ’80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail.”

~Louis Winthorpe III

It's an old model being sold by a (reputable) grey marketer. Victorinox has been using the name Victorinox Swiss Army since 2008-ish, so anything marked simply "Swiss Army" is older than that. They want to move the brand up-market, so these discontinued older models seems like comparative bargains.

I ordered that watch yesterday from either the same seller or from ewatches (don;t remember which). I also ordered a black-face old model "Swiss Army" from a private seller. I like the brand at their old price points.

Name:  swiss-army.jpg
Views: 1292
Size:  97.9 KB
    Last edited by neurogenesis; December 5th, 2011 at 18:32.
    ehou333 likes this.

Even with the prices going up, that's still a good deal on an all Swiss made watch.

My only reservation is the mineral crystal instead of sapphire. But at this price point, I guess you can't realistically expect to get sapphire as well.

Thread Information