Victorinox Swiss Army? updated with new pictures. check it out.

Thread: Victorinox Swiss Army? updated with new pictures. check it out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Victorinox Swiss Army? updated with new pictures. check it out.

Hey guys, I recently sold off all of my quartz watches in my collection and decided to go from 15 total watches to 7 nice autos. I kept a few Tissot autos, picked up a couple Hamiltons, and then Monday I went ahead and bought a couple Victorinox Swiss Armys. I ordered the Airboss 4 with the Unitas hand wound movement and an Ambassador XL also with the Unitas movement. I probably should have wrote this thread before making my decision but I just loved the way that these watches look and the movement has some really great reviews as being a workhorse. Anyway, what do you guys think of this decision, are these nice watches? Ive never owned a Swiss Army so any kind of opinions or information would be great to hear. Thanks.
    Last edited by mpartridgeferrari; March 27th, 2009 at 02:22.

Re: Victorinox Swiss Army?

where is the photo?

Those two would be my first choice as well
    diaboliq and his straps

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Henko View Post
    where is the photo?
    Here are some stock photos. The ambassador xl will be here tommorow and the airboss mach 4 on friday.

ambassador xl

airboss mach 4

I've had my SA 9G-600 for nearly 4 years. During that time it was my #1 go-to chrono and got the most wrist time of any watch. Solid, dependable, takes dings without showing, no flaws that I have been able to find other than lousy lume
    Its on the left below. While SA makes some lower end quartz, and Wegner has never been my speed, the VSA autos and mechanicals have always been great value for the money IMHO.
    -Robert
    Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
    As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.

Those are two wonderful watches you're getting. I had the Airboss for a while - I liked everything about it except the fact that timing bezel when the wrong way. I'm used to an elapsed time bezel, not the count down bezel. Too bad, as it was a perfect size and it has a longer power reserve than most of the 6497/8 movements have.

Yes you made a good choice in selecting SA autos - SA has made a extremely solid, dependable and desirable timepiece to capture higher end watch buyers. I have the SA Alpnach chrono featuring the Valjoux 7750 with a 46 hour reserve. I choose this over the Hamilton X-wind because I like the looks better and it just felt good on my wrist. I have had no problems and it keeps very accurate time. Enjoy your new watches and wear them often!! Buck
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice Choise! i'd like airboss mach 4.

Banned

I am very excited to get these. The ambassador will be here via UPS later today and so far the time has been ticking by very slowly. I hate having to wait for these, thats why I usually buy from a local dealer so that I can take them home right away. I will post up some pictures tonight as soon as I get it out of the box. Thanks for everyones great comments, now I feel that I made an excellent choice. Feel free to keep the comments coming and Ill just wait here patiently

Make sure to post pics of the Airboss when you get it. I've been wanting one but I keep on hesitating because I already have two Swiss Army watches.
    "I only want to know people who are dynamic, intelligent and totally insane"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information