Victorinox vs Citizen

Thread: Victorinox vs Citizen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Victorinox vs Citizen

I'm trying to buy a set of watches for my parents for their anniversary. I can't decide between these too brands - Victorinox vs Citizen??

I feel like Citizen is a more old brand, but it might be more famous I guess. It's my parent's 30th wedding anniversary and also they live in China, so I'm worried that Victorinox is not as famous in China.

Help!!!

Re: Victorinox vs Citizen

You can not go wrong with both.I'd go for the Swiss made but both brands make really good watches .
    Zonk.

I guess the biggest advantage to Citizen is Eco-Drive.....no battery needed. Both make automatics and regular quartz. Citizen is the largest watch company in the world, may be a better dealer network in case of trouble.
    Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AzwAnna637 View Post
    I'm trying to buy a set of watches for my parents for their anniversary. I can't decide between these too brands - Victorinox vs Citizen??I feel like Citizen is a more old brand, but it might be more famous I guess. It's my parent's 30th wedding anniversary and also they live in China, so I'm worried that Victorinox is not as famous in China.Help!!!
    I would pick Citizen too simply because you indicate the brand is very well known in China. And they make a wide range of high quality watches.

Victorinox are Swiss made, and known worldwide for making the Swiss Army Knife - a brilliant piece of design, fantastically functional and completely bombproof - quite a reputation to work from...

Citizen have the experience and years as watch manufacturers, so while they don't have the prestige of having 'Swiss made' on the dial, you know they will be dependable and perfectly designed as per the Japanese way.

JwY

I think they are both good companies. My decision would depend on the specific model of watch more than brand.
    My Tissot Seastar 1000 (2011 Edition) Review:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/tis...on-560425.html

Well...since Victorinox makes swiss army knives and Citizen is a watch company, I would go with Citizen. Better yet, how about an automatic Seiko of some kind?
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (ST 145.022)
    Omega Speedmaster Automatic (ST 176.0016) Cal. 1045 (Lemania 5100)
    Hamilton Field Mechanical
    Marathon SAR (2006)

Most Victorinox knives are quartz powered so the "swiss made" means nothing to me. Swiss quartz is same as Japanese quartz. Actually, Swiss made means nothing to me in most case PERIOD. I wish people would stop making that point...o but its swiss made so it is better.

Quote Originally Posted by narcosynthesis View Post
    Victorinox are Swiss made, and known worldwide for making the Swiss Army Knife - a brilliant piece of design, fantastically functional and completely bombproof - quite a reputation to work from...

Citizen have the experience and years as watch manufacturers, so while they don't have the prestige of having 'Swiss made' on the dial, you know they will be dependable and perfectly designed as per the Japanese way.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (ST 145.022)
    Omega Speedmaster Automatic (ST 176.0016) Cal. 1045 (Lemania 5100)
    Hamilton Field Mechanical
    Marathon SAR (2006)

Quote Originally Posted by bin31z View Post
    Most Victorinox knives are quartz powered so the "swiss made" means nothing to me. Swiss quartz is same as Japanese quartz. Actually, Swiss made means nothing to me in most case PERIOD. I wish people would stop making that point...o but its swiss made so it is better.
    Really because i didnt know they made quartz powered knives? And in most cases swiss is better.

Quartz powered swiss knives are the ultimate technology breaktrough !

I would trust a Vitorinox watch as I would trust a Citizen Army Knife !

OK, the automatic Victorinoxes take ETA calibers, but going for quartz, I should choose an Ecodrive for sure !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information