Views on Mens Cartier Roadster or a Raymond Weil
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Views on Mens Cartier Roadster or a Raymond Weil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Views on Mens Cartier Roadster or a Raymond Weil

I don't really have much knowledge about watches, but I really like the cartier roadster auto watch but I cant afford to buy new so I will have to buy used. However I don't want to spend over $2500. edited by mod, pls. re-read our rules and guidelines.
    Is the watch that good of a watch though?
    I also like the rayond weil tango Tango 5599-ST-20001 Mens Watch - Tango date Steel on steel black dial | RAYMOND WEIL Genève Luxury Watches and the freelancer Freelancer 7735-ST-60001 Mens Watch - Freelancer automatic chronograph Steel on steel grey dial | RAYMOND WEIL Genève Luxury Watches

Any suggestions? Or any suggestions on another brand of watch I should be looking at? I don't really like the tags.

-Thanks
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; February 15th, 2012 at 21:16.

Re: Views on Mens Cartier Roadster or a Raymond Weil

the Raymond Weil Freelancer is honeslty one of my favorite looking watches, something about it just really stands out to me

That Freelancer is nice and on par with the Tag Heuer 1887 which I prefer over the Raymond Weil, especially at that price. The Cartier Roadster is a nice watch as well, but two totally different watches. Cartier brings prestige to your collection, but for the cost of the Roadster (MSRP) there are a TON of other watches that you could choose from that are better IMHO. With that said, if you really want the Cartier, I don't think it is a bad choice, but not an everyday watch. There are several variations of the Cartier Roadster and I think the lower range ones (which are in your price range) are the least attractive, again IMHO. They can be found on the bay between $2500 and $3500, but watch out for Tricksters, Thieves, Cheats, Liars, Swindlers, Charletens, Crooks, Shysters, Scallywags, Rouges, Scandrals and the other Scumbags and Pirates of the Earth that sell on the Bay (gotta know what your looking for and what to watch out for). I would go AD if I was to shell out that kind of money for a Cartier. That Freelancer is an everyday watch and is a good choice for the monetary value But again, I would prefer the Tag 1887 which are available in some parts for around $2500.

Freelancer

Name:  Freelancer.JPG
Views: 4724
Size:  32.6 KB

Tag Heuer 1887

Name:  1887_brn.JPG
Views: 2745
Size:  80.3 KB
    Last edited by napel; February 15th, 2012 at 20:23.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

All of them are nice, I would go with the one you really like on your wrists. Cartier is very unique and instantly recognizable, and carries a higher price for that reason and the name. The RW is very good, I have a 3 hand Freelancer myself and its really well made. Just be careful how much you pay for it though, you should shop around for a good price.

swo

The roadster at $2500 is a great value in my opinion. The design of the case and bezel are fantastic. The bezel screws onto the case from the inside on top of the crystal. The crystal is unique as well. Plus the bracelet/strap system for inter-changing is the best design of these types of systems.

Great watch design overall, top notch in most every way.

Maybe it's because I deal with them every day (working for the company that owns Cartier) but I really like the Raymond Weil much more than the Roadster in terms of aesthetics at the very least. It reminds me much more of the IWCs I get to see which I have a particular love for.

But again, I would prefer the Tag 1887 which are available in some parts for around $2500.
    I'm quite taken by the 1887 and I've been seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on one. I haven't seen seen it dip near $2500 anywhere, though. If you've got a suggestion for a reliable seller who can hit that price, I'd love to hear about it.

Go for the Cartier. Raymond Weil makes good looking watches, but they are not very original or inspired designs. I was gifted a Freelancer auto with a jubilee bracelet and silver dial. I never wear it, but the quality is superb although the bracelet is a hair pincher.

Cartier just does it right when it comes to design, comfort and craftsmanship, in my opinion.

gmtminusfive.com

The Roadster is def a beautiful piece to add to your collection. As nice as it looks I do have some questions about the durability and build of the piece for everyone. I stopped by an authorized dealer a few months back and was talking to one of the guys going back and forth about the Roadster and the Santos. He pretty much hinted to me to avoid the Roadster because it has a lot of issues. He was telling me that the Roadster is one of the watches that are constantly coming in for repairs. Does anyone have any experience with this or know if this is true or not?

Don't recall any when I sold them. They are scratch magnets.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullhuh View Post
    The Roadster is def a beautiful piece to add to your collection. As nice as it looks I do have some questions about the durability and build of the piece for everyone. I stopped by an authorized dealer a few months back and was talking to one of the guys going back and forth about the Roadster and the Santos. He pretty much hinted to me to avoid the Roadster because it has a lot of issues. He was telling me that the Roadster is one of the watches that are constantly coming in for repairs. Does anyone have any experience with this or know if this is true or not?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information