Vintage LeCoultre

Thread: Vintage LeCoultre

Vintage LeCoultre

Here are a few pics...Anyone have any feedback?
    Last edited by Watchoverme; March 6th, 2007 at 20:23.
    1997 Rolex Seadweller, 1967 GMT Master 1675, , IWC titanium GST Aquatimer, Gilt 1016 Explorer, Omega Spedmaster 1045.022 69st, Omega Seamaster 300 Vintage 1968, , Panerai PAM 63 C GMT

stuffler,mike

Re: Vintage LeCoultre

Interesting LeCoultre, hard to judge what movement may power the watch. At that time LeCoulte ha a lot of different suppliers like Venus, Universale Geneve (cla. 285, 17 jewels for example), Landeron. Interestingly most of the LeCoultre had a tri-compax design, watches with (only) two sub dials haven´t been that wide spread.
    My guess is that the watch was made in the late 40th, starting 50ties (just a guess).

Anyway: A wonderful timepiece.

Thanks...What is the best way to open it and peek? Is it a pry open case?

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Interesting LeCoultre, hard to judge what movement may power the watch. At that time LeCoulte ha a lot of different suppliers like Venus, Universale Geneve (cla. 285, 17 jewels for example), Landeron. Interestingly most of the LeCoultre had a tri-compax design, watches with (only) two sub dials haven´t been that wide spread.
    My guess is that the watch was made in the late 40th, starting 50ties (just a guess).

Anyway: A wonderful timepiece.
    1997 Rolex Seadweller, 1967 GMT Master 1675, , IWC titanium GST Aquatimer, Gilt 1016 Explorer, Omega Spedmaster 1045.022 69st, Omega Seamaster 300 Vintage 1968, , Panerai PAM 63 C GMT

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Watchoverme View Post
    Thanks...What is the best way to open it and peek? Is it a pry open case?
    As far as I know the back of watches of those days wasn´t screwed in. So a simple watchmaker´s knife (aka case opener) should do. Dont use a pocket knife, don´t (`cause the blade is sharpened in another way).

I use different openers according to the case back. I added a picture-list of openers. I am not sure but No. 2 of the list will fit the bill imho. You see how the blade should look.

http://www.uhren-domann.de/page2.html

If this is your first case back to open my advice would be: Go to a watchmaker and see how he opens rhe case back. That will avoid unnecessary scratches on the back.

Hi -

And also any unnecessary catastrophes like putting lots of pressure to get the blade in the case crack and then having the blade slip, cutting your finger to the bone, or (even worse?), having the case suddenly pop off and have the blade go directly into the hairspring and escapement assembly.

Been there, done that, have the bloody bandages. And the repair bill from the watchmaker... try first on something that isn't quite so precious, maybe?

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Thanks

I think I will have a pro do it!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Hi -

And also any unnecessary catastrophes like putting lots of pressure to get the blade in the case crack and then having the blade slip, cutting your finger to the bone, or (even worse?), having the case suddenly pop off and have the blade go directly into the hairspring and escapement assembly.

Been there, done that, have the bloody bandages. And the repair bill from the watchmaker... try first on something that isn't quite so precious, maybe?

JohnF

Thread Information