vintage omega seamaster deville

Thread: vintage omega seamaster deville

vintage omega seamaster deville

hello everyone,

this is my first post. my father gave me his old omega seamaster deville (stainless steel with calendar at 3 o clock) that he received from my mother back in 1965. it had a very unusual band. it was stainless steel mesh but unlike anything i have seen online. the mesh was not straight at the lugs like you see on some of the newer models with mesh bands like the planet ocean or breitling superocean but curved to fit the watch exactly at the lugs. unfortunately this watch was stolen back when i was in college (1990). was wondering if anyone had seen a band like this. dont know if it is an omega band or aftermarket. any help would be appreciated.

drjc35

Re: vintage omega seamaster deville

My mother has, from her step-father, something along the lines of what you are describing from about the same era. . . something along these lines: Omega DeVille Ladies c.1960s | ARCHIVE - Secondhand and Vintage Watches - Poshtime.co.uk does that look about right to you? (Of course, she was young back then and, not knowing what she was given, had a nervous habit of taking it off and crumpling and uncrumpling the band, which ruined the mesh) No idea if they did anything similar with men's models. . .

Also try the Omega forum, some real vintage experts lurking around there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cprrckwlf View Post
    My mother has, from her step-father, something along the lines of what you are describing from about the same era. . . something along these lines: Omega DeVille Ladies c.1960s | ARCHIVE - Secondhand and Vintage Watches - Poshtime.co.uk does that look about right to you? (Of course, she was young back then and, not knowing what she was given, had a nervous habit of taking it off and crumpling and uncrumpling the band, which ruined the mesh) No idea if they did anything similar with men's models. . .

yes! do you know if that band is still available?

james

Quote Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post
    Also try the Omega forum, some real vintage experts lurking around there.
    thank you. will try there.

james

The so-called beads of rice bracelet is one of those classic designs that Omega is well known for. Is this similar to what you remember?

Attachment 971642
    Attachment 971643
    Last edited by John MS; February 14th, 2013 at 00:44.

The band looked different. Definitely a finer mesh like in the gold ladies omega from previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    The so-called beads of rice bracelet is one of those classic designs that Omega is well known for. Is this similar to what you remember?

Attachment 971642
    Attachment 971643
    The band i remember is like the gold ladies watch from one of the previous posts. Fine mesh.

Thread Information