Vintage Piaget Watch

Thread: Vintage Piaget Watch

Vintage Piaget Watch

Hello,

I'm a new member to this forum. My family inherited a vintage piaget watch from our father. I believe the watch was purchased new back in the '60s or '70s. It is a round lapis face with an 18 kt gold case and a 14 kt gold band. It has an automatic movement and is stamped 902 on the back. I've expressed interest to my siblings to me buying the watch from the estate but we have to agree on a price for it. We have one valuation that says the replacement value of the watch is $17,000. I don't think the watch is worth that much but I have to convince my family of that. I think that valuation is based on what it would cost to buy a new Piaget watch today similar to this one. I've looked on ebay and I see that Piagets with gold bands and cases go for about 3,000 to 8,000 dollars.

Does anybody know of any sites or organizations that specialize in Piagets that could give me a more accurate idea of what the sales value of this watch would be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eli

Banned

Re: Vintage Piaget Watch

We do not give valuations, as the value depends on the model, shape etc.
    But generally speaking, the value is technically what the value of gold is. Please note, not the value when you buy gold, but the value when you sell gold, which is different.

I think the best way for you to valuate is to go to a place where they buy gold, be it a jeweler or one of these gold buying places.

Re: Vintage Piaget Watch

You really need to find a vintage fine watch dealer and get it evaluated professionally. We cannot do that here. Replacement value says nothing to me about the condition of the watch and aside from the gold that is in it, the watch's condition will determine any additional value.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Thread Information