Vostok-Europe Anchar Chronograph...Any experiences/Thoughts

Thread: Vostok-Europe Anchar Chronograph...Any experiences/Thoughts

Vostok-Europe Anchar Chronograph...Any experiences/Thoughts

All,

I recently came across the Vostok-Europe Anchar Chronograph on Oceanic Time. I REALLY like the look of this watch but have zero experiences with the brand. Is this an automatic watch? Amazon says yes, another site says no. Could someone clear that up for me? I would be thrilled if it was.

Also, how is the fit/finish? I found one on Amazon that is available but before plunking down the cash, I would like to hear members' thoughts. Any help, thoughts, advice, pictures, etc would be much appreciated! The members have never steered me wrong before.

THanks to all for any help you can give.
    Breitling Galactic Chronograph
    Tudor Heritage Chronograph
    Tudor Black Bay Blue
    Nixon Corporal
    Citizen Aqualand
    G-Shock 6900-1289

Re: Vostok-Europe Anchar Chronograph...Any experiences/Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by maxpowerman View Post
    All,

I recently came across the Vostok-Europe Anchar Chronograph on Oceanic Time. I REALLY like the look of this watch but have zero experiences with the brand. Is this an automatic watch? Amazon says yes, another site says no. Could someone clear that up for me? I would be thrilled if it was.

Also, how is the fit/finish? I found one on Amazon that is available but before plunking down the cash, I would like to hear members' thoughts. Any help, thoughts, advice, pictures, etc would be much appreciated! The members have never steered me wrong before.

THanks to all for any help you can give.
    If this is the watch you are looking at, it appears, it has a quartz movement, but it's pretty cool looking: Vostok Europe Anchar Chrono JS06-5104170 watch
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    If this is the watch you are looking at, it appears, it has a quartz movement, but it's pretty cool looking: Vostok Europe Anchar Chrono JS06-5104170 watch
    Thanks for your help RBrylawski. I agree that its a pretty good looking piece. I have never seen a Vostok in person so I'm concerned (probably unnecessarily) about the build quality, fit and finish, for a close to $600 watch.

Can anyone speak to their quality, build, etc?
    Breitling Galactic Chronograph
    Tudor Heritage Chronograph
    Tudor Black Bay Blue
    Nixon Corporal
    Citizen Aqualand
    G-Shock 6900-1289

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

One thing to note; as I recall, Vostok and Vostok Europe are actually now two separate and unrelated companies. So things you hear about Vostok doesn't necessarily translate over to VE.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Vostok is the Russian maker. Vostok Europe is in Lithuania. VE used to make their watches with Vostok movements, but lately they seem to be moving over to Japanese mechanicals and quartz.
    That said, they make a pretty nice watch for the money. Their theme is Russian technology but they don't necessarily use it in their watches. I have one of the old VEs with a Vostok auto movement and it is an excellent piece. I don't think you have to worry about quality if you don't mind having a Miyota movement in what purports to have some Russian connection.
    For real Russian stick with Vostok, Volmax, Moscow Classic.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

I actually own a vintage Vostok (circa 1970s), my grandfather, a Canadian Banker, somehow found his way into Soviet Russia in the eighties and bought a Vostok watch with a big sickle and hammer on it, right on the middle of the face, I think it reads CCCP (USSR in russian) beneath it, its actually a really cool watch, I'll post a pic of it in the future. Anyways, mine was made in the seventies, and has a manual wind movement.

While I can't help you with your specific model dilemma, I can say that my Vostok has worked fine- better than fine considering its a 40 year old watch made in Soviet Russia, I havent kept track of seconds lost/gained, but it runs well. My grandfather passed away in 2008, which is when I inherited the watch, I havent had it serviced once since, and I doubt it was serviced close to 2008, whilst it was still in my grandfather's care.

I dont know how Vostok has evolved, or what movements they use now, but I can assure you mine doesnt have a ETA or Miyota in it, and its done well with the limited use Ive put into it.
    Last edited by Mr. Panerai; September 5th, 2012 at 05:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    Vostok is the Russian maker. Vostok Europe is in Lithuania. VE used to make their watches with Vostok movements, but lately they seem to be moving over to Japanese mechanicals and quartz.
    That said, they make a pretty nice watch for the money. Their theme is Russian technology but they don't necessarily use it in their watches. I have one of the old VEs with a Vostok auto movement and it is an excellent piece. I don't think you have to worry about quality if you don't mind having a Miyota movement in what purports to have some Russian connection.
    For real Russian stick with Vostok, Volmax, Moscow Classic.

I'll second this. I have the Vostok Europe Gaz Limousin model with Vostok Russian movement, bought about a year ago. VE have some interesting designs and I'm very happy with the quality of mine at this price point. The only exception was the strap which looked pretty cheap and I quickly replaced with something more appropriate.

Nick
    Last edited by Watchnik; September 5th, 2012 at 09:23.

I dont know how Vostok has evolved, or what movements they use now, but I can assure you mine doesnt have a ETA or Miyota in it, and its done well with the limited use Ive put into it.
    Vostok is Vostok and Russian. Vostok-Europe is Lithuanian. There is a difference.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

I've got a VE Anchar Chrono - it has an automatic movement - Very well built, came in a Pelican Case with Rubber Strap on, a spare leather strap and two tools for strap removal/replacement all in all a nice watch for the money.

Thread Information