Is Vostok watch reliable?

Thread: Is Vostok watch reliable?

Is Vostok watch reliable?

Is Vostok watch reliable? Can it be service at local watch dealer?

stuffler,mike

Re: Is Vostok watch reliable?

Define "reliable" ?
    If the dealer is a skilled watchmaker and not only a dealer he should be able to repair not only Vostok watches.

BTW: Why not posted on our Russian watches Forum ?

There is a great reply to this in the Russian forum. It compares Vostok and Vostok Europe watches. Due to the info I got, I bought a Vostok Europe K3 Submarine Automatic. I am not too worried about reliability, it's a sub $150.00 automatic, it will most likely be cheaper to replace it than get service when the time comes. I read several reveiws however and think it should be reliable.

I have already had 4 people comment on the watch in the 2 days I wore it. All loved the look, Good Luck with the new watch.
    Last edited by sixtysix; December 9th, 2007 at 18:43. Reason: wrong mod. number listed
    Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by sixtysix View Post
    There is a great reply to this in the Russian forum. It compares Vostok and Vostok Europe watches. Due to the info I got, I bought a Vostok Europe K3 Submarine Automatic. I am not too worried about reliability, it's a sub $150.00 automatic, it will most likely be cheaper to replace it than get service when the time comes. I read several reveiws however and think it should be reliable.

I have already had 4 people comment on the watch in the 2 days I wore it. All loved the look, Good Luck with the new watch.
    I really would be astonished if "picard" is going to buy a Vostok(-Europe). It´s just a typical picard question more on WUS

Vostok and Poljot watches have had very spotty quality. I had a Vostok auto for $20 that was great. I also had a new manual wind Poljot that had it's hands fall off.

I am just curious about vostok quality compare to Japanese brand such as Seiko, Citizen.

I hope Vostok watch quality isn't the same as Russian Lada car. You all know the dismal quality of Russian automobile.

The word reliable for me means the hands or dials don't fall off or soft metal parts, bent hour /minute hands, metal easily corrode exposing to regular atmosphere, time runs accurately.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by picard View Post
    I hope Vostok watch quality isn't the same as Russian Lada car. You all know the dismal quality of Russian automobile.
    Sure they've had their QC issues, but to compensate, Lada cars have the most comprehensive tool kit of any car sold in the world (AFAIK)

This little detail actually reveals something of the Russian mindset i.e. anything mechanical should be fixable. This is true of Vostok watches. They are designed to be serviced/fixed, not thrown away. So in answer to your second question: yes, a Vostok can be fixed by any watchmaker who knows his business. Those who say it can't be serviced because it's not Swiss should not be trusted with any of your watches.

Thread Information