Vulcain Owners Club - Page 11
Like Tree477Likes

Thread: Vulcain Owners Club

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Re: Vulcain Owners Club

Status 23/02-2015
    One of mine at the "doctor"

photos in high res. here:::
    WatchGuy Photo Library
    Tyler8pitch likes this.
    Best regards
    Henry Lerche Rasmussen
    Denmark

Victor, more than happy to. I caught the watch bug (probably like most of us) from receiving one of my uncles non descript automatic bulovas. After promptly opening the watch to "see how it works" I was hooked. A few years later I began surfing ebay with no clear direction; buying any old vintage watch that caught my eye. One day I came across a leonidas "alarm" watch and loved the additonal complication and the window designating the alarm function. This led me to search for vintage alarms and subsequently to Vulcains. I still consider myself very much a novice collector but enjoy the hunt. Ebay and Chrono24 are my main stomping grounds but I'd love to hear if others have had luck on other sites. A few years ago I was also in Singapore and through a mutual friend had the pleasure of meeting Shawn of the Heirloom Gallery. (www.heirloom2.com) In my opinion he has some of the best vintage watches out there. At the moment, I'm trying to pair down my collection to a few really good pieces and support those pieces with accompanying boxes, papers, and advertisements. I'm also drawn to obscure brands and would love to know if anyone has recommendations of really high quality swiss brands that may be "off the radar". What else catches others eyes?!...

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Cruz View Post
    Ok, please tell us a story...or two about your collection. It is truly impressive! What got you started, what drew you to Vulcain, where did you find your watches, anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Victor Cruz and alx007 like this.

Hey guys, hope I'm not late to the party, I own two vulcains, love the brand! Glad we have a forum for it!

Quote Originally Posted by alx007 View Post
    The title says it all. Vulcain watches are very unique, and pretty rare from my own experience. I want to share my Vulcain story, and hear more from fellow Vulcain owners from around the globe. So here it goes:

I've been a Vulcain admirer for a long time. My first dive into the brand happened when I was starting to learn more about mechanical alarms, my favorite complication. I was fascinated by the JLC Memovox, but when I learned that Vulcain was the first one to successfully develop a wrist alarm, I decided I needed to own a vintage cricket. After a few months and several WatchRecon, Chrono24 and eBay searches, I finally found one that seemed to be in decent shape. Tried to make an offer to the owner, which I believed to be very low. To my surprise (and absolute bliss), he accepted. And then, I had my first Vulcain - a vintage Cricket from somewhere in the 60's. It was in fantastic cosmetic shape, but needed a service badly. After a few months, off it went. Today, the cricket is chirping, and it's chirping loud! I love to wear it from time to time!

Fast forward to earlier this year - I was going through a big change in my life, and I was looking for a special all-around watch to mark the moment. A watch that was modern, unique, useful, but one that had some of those particularities that only a WIS would truly appreciate. That was when I learned about the modern Vulcains. I was mesmerized, and found in the Aviator model the watch that had it all - classic mechanism in modern clothes. A display caseback so I could appreciate the inner workings whenever I wanted. A nice dual-time bezel - a very simple, yet incredibly useful complication. Blued hands/screws/dial inserts - you have to be a WIS to love this one. Above it all - it is a Cricket, and I have to wind it every day - I just love manual wind watches. I couldn't resist! Honestly, still can't.

So, it's with great pleasure that I present you my humble Vulcain collection:

Attachment 1540461

Hope you enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to see the collections of fellow WUSers (hear that, @Ozo, Victor Cruz!?!)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Virgilexner1956 View Post
    Hey guys, hope I'm not late to the party, I own two vulcains, love the brand! Glad we have a forum for it!
    Welcome! We'll be waiting for the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler8pitch View Post
    I'm also drawn to obscure brands and would love to know if anyone has recommendations of really high quality swiss brands that may be "off the radar". What else catches others eyes?!...
    Eterna, some beautiful vintage watches including kontiki and other eternamatics
    Last edited by Victor Cruz; March 2nd, 2015 at 03:11.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1425258693075.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  1.56 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDeal View Post
    Here's a review I wrote on the amazing new Vulcain Aviator Instrument pilot chronograph for aBlogToWatch:

Vulcain Aviator Instrument Chronograph Watch Review | aBlogtoWatch

Attachment 1631429

OMG - I love this one!

All Chronographs except one! * Vulcain Nautique 1st Swiss/1967 * Seiko 5 SpeedTimer 1st Auto Chrono, from Tokyo Ginza/1969 * Big handful of old Seiko Quartz Chronos *Heuer Re-issue 1963 Pre-TAG Carrera * TAG Heuer "Carrera" Chrono * Omega "Speedmaster" 7751 * Baume & Mercier Formula S * Zenith "El Primero" HW * Mühle Glashütte Nautische * Sinn 903ST “Navitimer” * Techné SparrowHawk II * Alpina Startimer Big-Date * Zodiac Sea Dragon * (2) Victorinox "Infantry Vintage" (Silver/Green) * Junkers "G38" * Hamilton Pioneer Khaki * Bulova Marine Star Chrono/Diver * Breitling Chronospace * Dan Henry "1939" * Fortuna chrono * Delbana "Silverstone" * Ball Fireman "Storm Chaser" * William L. chrono * Junghans Meister Telemeter Chronoscope * Guinand Duograph * (Red = Given away to relative)

Quote Originally Posted by eustace View Post
    Hi folks,

Here are my Vulcain chronos:

Attachment 2295354

-eustace
    LOVE every one of these chronos!

My Vulcain story...

Name:  Nautique BWsmallest.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  102.9 KB

I purchased this Vulcain "Nautique" in 1967 in an Army PX at Fort Lewis. It was my first Swiss watch and it's the only non-chronograph I own. It's a bit worse for wear as it survived many a field exercise while I was in the Army in the late 1960s. Note period "Twist-O-Flex" band. It still runs on time!

This is my 2000th post. ​I saved it to say how much I love every picture posted on this thread! Keep them coming guys!

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information