Vulcain Owners Club - Page 12
Like Tree477Likes

Thread: Vulcain Owners Club

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Re: Vulcain Owners Club

Quote Originally Posted by alx007 View Post
    This is my 2000th post. ​I saved it to say how much I love every picture posted on this thread! Keep them coming guys!
    Congrats on 2K, Alex!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    alx007 likes this.

Hi all,
    I've just received my second vulcain cricket - a brand new nautical trophy. Strait out of the box after winding, I've noticed that it only runs when the dial is facing downwards or sideways, but immediately stops when the dial faces up.
    Has anyone noticed something like this with a v-10 vulcain movement before??

Absolutely not! Send it back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianB View Post
    Hi all,
    I've just received my second vulcain cricket - a brand new nautical trophy. Strait out of the box after winding, I've noticed that it only runs when the dial is facing downwards or sideways, but immediately stops when the dial faces up.
    Has anyone noticed something like this with a v-10 vulcain movement before??

Did you buy it from an AD? If so, send it back. Vulcain is generally very responsive.

Quote Originally Posted by alx007 View Post
    Did you buy it from an AD? If so, send it back. Vulcain is generally very responsive.
    Unfortunately, it was not from an AD. There's no AD in my area (I'm based in Dubai, UAE), so I purchased the watch through Gemnation (gemnation.com) based in brooklyn, NY. They had a book BBB rating, so I was happy to proceed with the purchase and, to be fair, they were very prompt and professional shipping the watch.

I've sent them an email advising that I'm sending the watch back for replacement or refund only (ie a 'new' watch shouldn't have such a defect, so I'm not interested in having it serviced or repaired under warranty). I'll see what they come back with and report back on this thread. i hope they agree to replace it - I still want this watch if possible.

Unfortunately, it was not from an AD. There's no AD in my area (I'm based in Dubai, UAE), so I purchased the watch through Gemnation (gemnation.com) based in brooklyn, NY. They had a book BBB rating, so I was happy to proceed with the purchase and, to be fair, they were very prompt and professional shipping the watch.

I've sent them an email advising that I'm sending the watch back for replacement or refund only (ie a 'new' watch shouldn't have such a defect, so I'm not interested in having it serviced or repaired under warranty). I'll see what they come back with and report back on this thread. i hope they agree to replace it - I still want this watch if possible.
    Just FYI, the BBB is not a government agency or anything with implied credibility. They give high ratings to anyone who pays the fee. It has nothing to do with "better business". Google it and you will see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by eustace View Post
    Just FYI, the BBB is not a government agency or anything with implied credibility. They give high ratings to anyone who pays the fee. It has nothing to do with "better business". Google it and you will see what I mean.
    Hi,

Yeah I knew it's not a a particularly well regulated rating, but in terms of purchasing a gray market watch online, something is better than nothing. In any case, things seem to be looking up in that they have agreed to refund or replace the watch once I send it back to them.

Hi,

Yeah I knew it's not a a particularly well regulated rating, but in terms of purchasing a gray market watch online, something is better than nothing. In any case, things seem to be looking up in that they have agreed to refund or replace the watch once I send it back to them.
    Good for you man. I hope you can get another one, or they get this one fixed (provided it doesn't need parts). I had some trouble with mine, and the fact it was acquired through a (then) AD was key. Vulcain ownership is very unique. All the best, and I hope you remain in the club. The nautical is a special watch.

Hey Vulcain collectors…. can anyone help. Du you think this is Chromed or Stainless Steel watch case??
    Vintage vulcain chronograph valjoux 236 column wheel chronograph with box | eBay

Thanks
    Henry Lerche Rasmussen
    Denmark
    Best regards
    Henry Lerche Rasmussen
    Denmark

I hope you get another Vulcain Nautical… that model is stunning!!!
    Last edited by maclerche; March 9th, 2015 at 08:00.
    Best regards
    Henry Lerche Rasmussen
    Denmark

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information