Vulcain Owners Club - Page 6
Like Tree473Likes

Thread: Vulcain Owners Club

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Re: Vulcain Owners Club

I just bought my first (what I assume to be) vintage watch. Being that I know very little about watches and it's a Vulcain, I thought this was a good place to ask some questions. Anyone know anything about this watch? Is it manual winding, and does that mean I have to wind it every day? Any clue what decade it might be from? Thanks in advance.

Name:  Vulcain front.jpeg
Views: 897
Size:  96.0 KBName:  Vulcain guts.jpeg
Views: 870
Size:  39.3 KB
    Jeep99dad likes this.

Here's a review I wrote on the amazing new Vulcain Aviator Instrument pilot chronograph for aBlogToWatch:

Vulcain Aviator Instrument Chronograph Watch Review | aBlogtoWatch

Name:  Vulcain Aviator Instrument 1.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  129.8 KB
    Last edited by MisterDeal; September 13th, 2014 at 04:34. Reason: add photo

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDeal View Post
    Here's a review I wrote on the amazing new Vulcain Aviator Instrument pilot chronograph for aBlogToWatch:

Name:  Vulcain Aviator Instrument 1.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  129.8 KB
    That's one I'm really interested one. If I can find a good deal it'll be my next one I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah
    ALPINA Tribute to KM710 Manufacture & Seastrong GMT | ASTOR & BANKS Sea Ranger Polar | BLANCPAIN Bathyscaphe | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK DW5600 Rasta, DW5600HR, & GW-M6610 | DOXA 1200t Pro | DRYDEN Chrono Diver | EMG Nemo | ERNST & BENZ custom Chronosport | FARER Lander GMT | GSD 3A pilot | GRAND SEIKO SBGR311 LE | HALIOS Bronze Seaforth | MIDO OceanStar Captain Tribute 75th Anniversary | NORQAIN Adventure Sport | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ROLEX Explorerr II 216570 | SCURFA Bell Diver 1 PVD, DiverOne GenII X 9 :) | SEIKO SPB087 MM200 PADI | SPINNACKER Cahill Mid-Size, Amafi | STERNGLAS Zirkel Gen II | SWATCH Irony Chrono | TOCKr Skytrain, DDAY + Air Defenders Blue, Panda LE, Hulk Rosegold, Black PVD | TRASKA Freediver | TUDOR North Flag | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom [B] |

Preordered/Incoming:

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep99dad View Post
    That's one I'm really interested one. If I can find a good deal it'll be my next one I think.

I loved it (as my review makes clear!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeep99dad likes this.

I loved it (as my review makes clear!).

Do you own it or are test driving it?
    Link to the review?

ALPINA Tribute to KM710 Manufacture & Seastrong GMT | ASTOR & BANKS Sea Ranger Polar | BLANCPAIN Bathyscaphe | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK DW5600 Rasta, DW5600HR, & GW-M6610 | DOXA 1200t Pro | DRYDEN Chrono Diver | EMG Nemo | ERNST & BENZ custom Chronosport | FARER Lander GMT | GSD 3A pilot | GRAND SEIKO SBGR311 LE | HALIOS Bronze Seaforth | MIDO OceanStar Captain Tribute 75th Anniversary | NORQAIN Adventure Sport | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ROLEX Explorerr II 216570 | SCURFA Bell Diver 1 PVD, DiverOne GenII X 9 :) | SEIKO SPB087 MM200 PADI | SPINNACKER Cahill Mid-Size, Amafi | STERNGLAS Zirkel Gen II | SWATCH Irony Chrono | TOCKr Skytrain, DDAY + Air Defenders Blue, Panda LE, Hulk Rosegold, Black PVD | TRASKA Freediver | TUDOR North Flag | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom [B] |

Preordered/Incoming:

Do you own it or are test driving it?
    Link to the review?

Test drove but considering a purchase! There was a link to my review above the pic in my original post... But here it is again:

Quote Originally Posted by wgwaters View Post
    I just bought my first (what I assume to be) vintage watch. Being that I know very little about watches and it's a Vulcain, I thought this was a good place to ask some questions. Anyone know anything about this watch? Is it manual winding, and does that mean I have to wind it every day? Any clue what decade it might be from? Thanks in advance.

Name:  Vulcain front.jpeg
Views: 897
Size:  96.0 KBName:  Vulcain guts.jpeg
Views: 870
Size:  39.3 KB

I believe it's a manual wind from the '60s. Looks like it has a nice original Vulcain movement.

Test drove but considering a purchase! There was a link to my review above the pic in my original post... But here it is again:

Thanks. I asked because I see no link on your Post above for some reason. Sorry.

Preordered/Incoming:

Thanks. I asked because I see no link on your Post above for some reason. Sorry.

No worries! I was seeing the link on the computer and not my phone, so something was weird... Glad you finally got to read it!

@MisterDeal - loved your article. And I find the Aviator Instrument a fine watch and all - but to me, nothing comes close to the Aviator Dual Time (I noticed the little nod on the article! Thumbs up!). I was on the market for a nice watch this year, and nothing comes close to the package I got from this watch. From the legendary movement, cased in a modern body, to the blued hands and trims, and the absolutely gorgeous strap. The 2 crowns + button add a lot of personality to the watch.

The modern Vulcain is an understated brand, for sure. They have a lot of designs I would probably pass, but when they put out something nice, it's absolutely an instant classic - I felt like that with the 39mm president's Cricket I had an opportunity to handle before I got my Dual Time. I actually got to check the Nautical - another classic. And my Dual Time, what can I say about it? I'm yet to find a watch I love as much today.

I feel they don't get a lot of love - their watches are perceived as too expensive, even when they feel like bargains to me, and a few of us who know and cherish the history of the brand. They are starting to diversify a bit over the past few years, and put out a few watches that have modified versions of workhorse movements. These are usually fine watches, but they somehow lose me. I, for one, love the passion that Bernard Fleury had with the original proposition of the brand back when they reopened in 2002 - all their offerings were supposed to have alarms. I understand where they are going - alarm watches are niche, at best. And they have to make a buck. But there is something special about wearing a watch with an almost 70 year old legendary mechanism on a daily basis. That's why, for me, nothing comes close to the modern crickets when it comes to modern Vulcain offerings.

With one worthy and notable exception, of course:

Name:  18639_024.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  66.5 KB
    Jeep99dad and jimdon5822 like this.

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information