The waiting game - how do you handle it ?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The waiting game - how do you handle it ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The waiting game - how do you handle it ?

I have a short list of three watches I am saving for. As much as I would like to order them all right now, I realistically can only afford them one watch at a time with plenty of time in between for saving. I was considering selling the wife and kids but that unfortunately isn't an option, so they come first and the watches as and when I have some cash.

So, I have ordered my next watch will be ready some time in April, with a view to getting the next one sometime towards the end of 2015. It will be a long and painful wait from now till April, and from April till the next time . It will be worth it though as I really appreciate the watches once they arrive, knowing how long it has taken me to save for them

I was wondering what other members do whilst they wait for their next timepiece ? I was contemplating to buy some cheapish watches in between, but then realised that any money spend on them will delay the watch I really want.

Re: The waiting game - how do you handle it ?

I bought another watch in the interim whilst waiting for a custom jobbie of mine to be done.
    Nokie and Drop of a Hat like this.

Well, you've got more patience than me. Can't bear to wait for anything. I want it yesterday. Four days from Japan drives me nuts! Many's the time I've been going to order a Stowa Marine, or a MKII and been put off by the lead times. Halios currently have the Tropik dive watch in the works scheduled for Spring/Summer release and we're still waiting. So, I'm getting over it by not wanting one. Yet...

Having said all that, I rarely spend over £500 on a single watch (law of diminishing returns + marketing bollocks) and TBH haven't yet found one that I'd be prepared to spend serious money on or wait for at any price.

Good luck with the waiting. Gives you a chance to change your mind in the interim and save yourself shed loads of cash!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Barry H View Post
    Gives you a chance to change your mind in the interim and save yourself shed loads of cash!
    The one I have on order for April actually is a Stowa Flieger Type B. I find that the closer the time gets to deliver the longer it seems to take if that makes any sense at all. I don't mind the months but the last couple of weeks really seem to drag.

I know what you mean about changing your mind as you wait. Luckily (or unluckily) I have limited funds (£900 is probably my limit) and try to stick to German watches, thus severely limiting my choice. One or the other non German watch has sneaked in though.

Waiting for my next anything is hell. Two of my watches came from the Russian Fed., so I had to deal with the ridiculous Russian Post. Another came from Getat, who has an expected wait time of a month average. I've come close to buying a number of lower cost watches just to pass the time, but then I realize that I need the money for something else. If I didn't have more pressing concerns that occupy my time & attention, I would either be out of money &/or driven mad.

I use my waiting time to save up my dinero...though I may end up buying another watch or two LOL...

The wait is part of the hunt and fun in the anticipation. Once you got it...you will be looking for that next "fix" so why rush it? Enjoy looking forward to something. Imagine your excitement once you receive it because once that box is opened that excited little feeling that makes you feel like a kid all over again, will soon be gone.
    -JP

All you can do Marc is wait and be patient. Oh and resist the urge to scratch the itch by buying a more affordable piece to put you on - sure, it will satisfy the urge for a while but it will also deplete your watch buying fund.

I have been waiting 8 months for my RGM - I feel your pain!

Many times, I have been able to resist an impulse purchase by reminding myself there is one coming (eventually)

Quote Originally Posted by NinthSphere View Post
    I had to deal with the ridiculous Russian Post
    unfortunately i have to live, where that guys operate
    and since literary everything is cheaper abroad, i'm getting used to waiting alot..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information