The Walking Dead;
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead;

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ard

The Walking Dead;

I'll admit to watching every episode of this program. I remember back when I thought the whole thing sounded so ridicules and swore I would never watch something so weird. But we have a Netflix account and a Roku hooked up to the TV and both my wife and I became hooked on it even going on long binges of watching whole seasons over a couple days time.

I remember seeing a thread about Rick Grimes's watch here but I haven't been able to figure out how they know what time it is in order to set the time on a watch. Just a few episodes back Rick had been parted from his watch for quite a while. When he got it back I noticed him winding it but he didn't set the time.................

If you are a Dead Head clue me in if you have answers. What kind of watch is he wearing and have you ever seen them set any watches to a proper time?

I'm ashamed but curious :)

Ard

Banned

Re: The Walking Dead;

You mean this watch? Oh sorry wrong show...

I don't know about Rick's watch but all of the Zombies are wearing two-tone submariners.

OK, bad joke.
    LordBrettSinclair likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by windupp View Post
    I don't know about Rick's watch but all of the Zombies are wearing two-tone submariners.

OK, bad joke.
    What do the non-American zombies wear?

Worse joke ;)

I believe it was said here on WUS that it was a Kenneth Cole, and that it was stuck on one minute till twelve. As to it being Quartz or auto, idk.

Time is an invention...
    Ard likes this.

It's a Kenneth Cole KC3584
    Name:  kennethKC3584_bigger_32.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  30.4 KB

As far as OP question, Rick Grimes wears a quartz Kenneth Cole on the set. Watch was initially broken but has been swapped for a working one.
    In the show, it has been featured prominently a few times (most recently with possessions taken by cannibals who had Rick and his people captured and ready for slaughter - Rick gave his watch away to another survivor previously, and it made it back to him). I can't recall 100%, but I know he checks time in several episodes, and have seen Rick and other set the time on the watch (not sure if they wound quartz just to emphasize some action, or set the time via crown).

Another watch featured on Walking Dead is a pocket watch given by Hershel to Glenn. It has been in numerous shots and even shows up in credits for actor playing Glenn. Again, this watch served as an identifier when Rick recognized that something was off at the Terminus.

I suspect they set their watches against any quartz\digital watch they find in their travels. Surely plenty of batteries are still functioning. One character got an engagement ring by chopping off a zombie's finger. They can certainly chop off a wrist of any zombie w a watch still on.

PS. as I type this, I am realizing what a nerd I am. Knowing Walking Dead details, discussing how to set time in zombie apocalypse, and posing about it on a watch forum. Good thing I got married a while back, else no woman would want me :)
    doggbiter, Deledda and Ard like this.

For some super nerdy facts:
    If you ever find yourself in a middle of a Zombie apocalypse, w a mechanical watch that needs to have time set, and have no modern point of reference (no iphone, pc, radio, etc)...- seek out a good old fashioned sundial, which can be damn accurate.

Tested my Omega SMP Chronometer and it was about +/- few minutes precise. Now this is a small sundial @ Prospect Park, Brooklyn.
    I have spent a day at Jantar Mantar in India, which is an astronomical park with sundials precise to 2 seconds (largest gnomon sundial), as well as other celestial measurement instruments. Insane that people were able to measure time and space so accurately in 1700's.
    Name:  sundial.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  57.3 KB
    Ard likes this.

There was a previous thread that discussed this. I know the watch is just a KC Quartz, but can anyone suggest an auto version with a similar look?

Best match I've found is JLC Ultra Thin on bracelet.

Best with a price I can settle on is the Frederique Constant 40mm Slimline Index. But the lack of seconds is a dealbreaker for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I remember Rick setting time basing on another watch...
    This never happened on the original comic series tho...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ard likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information