Wall mounted watch box?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wall mounted watch box?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    102

    Wall mounted watch box?

    I would love to get a wall mounted watch box, has anyone seen one?

  2. #2
    Member Armchair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: Wall mounted watch box?

    I saw a cork pin board today with watches hanging on the pins. Not exactly elegant but a good use of space
    German: Junghans Meister Chronoscope | Nomos Tangente | Stowa Exima ETA & PUW 560
    Others: Accurist World Time Chronograph | Mondaine solar powered | Omega Seamaster 'Calypso' | Orient Blue Mako | Orient CVZ0001B ana-digi | Reena WeatherMaster VII


  3. #3
    Member Foxglove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,516

    Re: Wall mounted watch box?

    Seems easy enough to put a bracket on the back of any watch box... not sure what look you're going for???

    ~Ross

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    71

    Re: Wall mounted watch box?

    I was actually toying with the idea of installing hooks in the walls, like the ones I use to hang keys. Before I head out of my room I could just reach for any watch and wanted and slap it on...

    I've done crazier things.

  6. #5
    Member mjbernier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denison (Texas), United States
    Posts
    1,898

    Re: Wall mounted watch box?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsmoker View Post
    I was actually toying with the idea of installing hooks in the walls, like the ones I use to hang keys. Before I head out of my room I could just reach for any watch and wanted and slap it on...

    I've done crazier things.
    If you're going to go that route, why not set up a board with wooden pegs on it like you'd find for hanging up coats and hats? I'd prefer having the larger pegs to hang bracelets rather than hanging them from a small cuphook -- less chance of someone knocking them off to the floor if they bump the wall.

    Another solution I saw posted once involved plastic organizer boxes, like the ones used for craft supplies or fishing tackle. Each compartment has an individual see-through cover, and can be snapped open and shut without disturbing the other watches in the case. It wasn't really pretty, but it was functional.

    Good luck, and be sure to post a picture of whatever you come up with -- it may give other here similar ideas!

    Mike

    The Collection: Too many to list
    The Wish List: Still too many to list
    The Grail: Bremont ALT1-P (blue dial)

  7. #6
    Member niles316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Teban Gardens
    Posts
    1,334

    Re: Wall mounted watch box?

    My wall-mounted watch collection. Attached to wall by 3M double-sided tapes.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    71

    Re: Wall mounted watch box?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjbernier View Post
    If you're going to go that route, why not set up a board with wooden pegs on it like you'd find for hanging up coats and hats? I'd prefer having the larger pegs to hang bracelets rather than hanging them from a small cuphook -- less chance of someone knocking them off to the floor if they bump the wall.

    Another solution I saw posted once involved plastic organizer boxes, like the ones used for craft supplies or fishing tackle. Each compartment has an individual see-through cover, and can be snapped open and shut without disturbing the other watches in the case. It wasn't really pretty, but it was functional.

    Good luck, and be sure to post a picture of whatever you come up with -- it may give other here similar ideas!

    Mike
    I like your idea but considering I only have 3 watches at the moment it will be a little sparse. Give me a little time to shore up the numbers and we'll see what happens. :)

  9. #8
    Member mjbernier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denison (Texas), United States
    Posts
    1,898

    Re: Wall mounted watch box?

    Quote Originally Posted by niles316 View Post
    My wall-mounted watch collection. Attached to wall by 3M double-sided tapes.
    That's the one I remembered -- thanks for re-posting the photo.

    Mike

    The Collection: Too many to list
    The Wish List: Still too many to list
    The Grail: Bremont ALT1-P (blue dial)

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    52

    Re: Wall mounted watch box?

    Hello - here is one I made a few years ago. Cedar wood - Plastic holders are custom cut and foam glued to plastic. Holds the watches very nicely. Not hard to do - just need the basic tools.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    152

    Re: Wall mounted watch box?

    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLIUS 1 View Post
    Hello - here is one I made a few years ago. Cedar wood - Plastic holders are custom cut and foam glued to plastic. Holds the watches very nicely. Not hard to do - just need the basic tools.
    That is amazing, don't belittle your talent. I'm sure it's not as easy to make as you claim. Once again that is beautiful, maybe when I have a larger watch collection you could show me how to make it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •