Want First Premium Watch

Thread: Want First Premium Watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Want First Premium Watch

I am looking to finally get a nice watch. Some of the makes I have tried in the past but had problems with because of my sensitive skin: TAG Link, Sector and an Oris (all with steel bracelets). I have always had my eye on a Omega 300M mid size auto, especially now that they or did make them with the Co-Axial movement. I have also had an interest in a Bell & Ross Vintage mid size. But have decided I want a little more ruggedness. I have a smaller than average wrist and budget so I am looking to keep the expenditure <$2000US. I may in the future add more fine time pieces, but for the first it must be versatile, accurate and durable. I recently discovered Sinn in the EDC forum and the 656 looks appealing and may not be too big case wise. I prefer a steel bracelet but will consider a strap to fit my budget if there is an option to add bracelet later without paying a lot more than having it originally. I do not feel the need for sub dials and like a clear highly legible face with glowing hands and indicators. Open to any and all suggestions. Links to allow me to view specifics would also be appreciated.

Randy

Re: Want First Premium Watch

One brand worth a look is Archimede (a brand of the German company Ickler). German watches utilizing Swiss ETA movements at a nice price-point. www.archimede-watches.com/EN/Collection.htm. Nice clean dials, good illumination, high quality and attention to detail (check out the crowns on the pilot watches).

the sinn is 38mm. good watch by anyones standards. but with any watch you buy, get it on bracelet 1st as adding it later is a very expensive option.
    heres a good example. a tag heuer 6000 on strap is 1295.00 on bracelet its 1495.00 if you bought it on strap 1st, adding the bracelet later would cost you 894.00 thats a huge difference.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Big Sinn fan here. They make top notch watches, and it's not something you will see others wearing.

Authorized US AD is www.watchbuys.com

I would also suggest you keep an eye out on the sales forum. I have picked up several pre-owned watches, and you get a nice price break from what they are new.

Also, as Sean said, get it with the bracelet first, as adding a strap later is much cheaper than adding a bracelet later.

Good Luck, and let us know what you decide.
    Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum
    Stowa Marine Original, 80th anniversary LE
    Stowa Seatime
    Doxa SUB750T Military Sharkhunter PVD
    Zinex Trimix GMT PVD LE Black Pirate
    Ocean 7 LM-2 GMT SE PVD
    Bathys Aquaculture MOP PVD
    Tissot TXL
    Seiko Kinetic Sportura SNL029P1 PVD
    Seiko Chronograph Sports 150
    Citizens Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 BL8000-03A
    Citizens Eco-Drive Largo Perpetual Calendar
    TX 730 w/ FlyBack Chrono
    Poljot Sturmanske Chrono
    Aristo Apucto HP6
    Casio ToughSolar ProTrek Titanium
    Various G's

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Red Horn View Post
    I am looking to finally get a nice watch. Some of the makes I have tried in the past but had problems with because of my sensitive skin: TAG Link, Sector and an Oris (all with steel bracelet)
    Hi Redhorn and welcome to the WUS Forum!
    You write about your skin sensitivity. What kind of sensitivity is it? Allergic reaction to one of the matals in the alloy? If so, you might need to look for a Titanium watch (with a Titanium caseback). Titanium/ Titanium alloy is hypoallergic.
    The watches you mention are of good quality, same alloy as Omega etc!
    Gold is also hypoallergic, but outside your $2000 range.
    Last edited by Janne; May 17th, 2008 at 17:38.

stuffler,mike

Here´s a link to a review of the Sinn 656: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...393#post875393

Unhappy Re: Want First Premium Watch

You write about your skin sensitivity. What kind of sensitivity is it? Allergic reaction to one of the metals?
    I believe the problem is caused if there is too much nickel in the equation. I have had SS bracelets on four watches that were worn with no problem. Someone also told me that lye in common hand soaps if not rinsed throughly can react chemically and cause a reaction so I remove watch, then and rinse/dry hands completely.

Question Re: Want First Premium Watch

Does anyone have any experience with a Archimede Outdoor Sport UA8235-A1.1?

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Red Horn View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with a Archimede Outdoor Sport UA8235-A1.1?
    Well, being a newbie you are most probably not used to use our search function. Here´s a link to a review of the Archimede Outdoor Sport written by Nauticus on our German Watches Forum:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...550#post249550

Red Horn- I'm not sure if it will help in the skin irritation department, but the Damasko DA36 is a really nice watch, and well in your price range. It's also a nice scale- has a pleasantly stark and readable dial, making it look larger than it is. They look really sharp in person.

Rick.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information