Want a respectable watch with indiglo-like technology
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BlinkyNIN

Thread: Want a respectable watch with indiglo-like technology

Want a respectable watch with indiglo-like technology

Looking for a beater watch to wear on holiday (for when the Seamaster is too expensive) and for general wear. I had a timex watch when I was 15 and loved the indiglo feature feature. I like this watch:
    Timex Mens Classic Watch with Black Leather Strap - T2H281: Timex: Amazon.co.uk: Watches
    But it seems perhaps too cheap? I want something really simple on a leather strap that I can use at night.

Any thoughts?

Re: Want a respectable watch with indiglo-like technology

For the purpose you describe, I think a Timex Indiglo would be a fine watch. I have a couple but they are sitting in the back of a drawer with dead batteries and scratched up crystals. If you don't want a battery powered watch, you could perhaps find something with a lumed-up dial. Maybe something like a Russian K-34 Komandirskie:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/lum...ix-457087.html

Maybe not at all what you're looking for - just a random thought.
    Last edited by ken_sturrock; March 18th, 2013 at 16:39.

Gshock

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
    If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
    If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
    If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
    The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
    Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
    For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
    ― Mother Teresa

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What about the Timex Intelegent Quartz line? Since you mentioned wearing it on holiday, this one has a world time feature and indiglo.

Timex Men's T2N609 Intelligent Quartz Traveller Series World Time Black Leather Strap Watch: Watches: Amazon.com
    Last edited by BlinkyNIN; March 18th, 2013 at 08:30.
    jtstav likes this.
    -William

Christopher Ward C60 Trident Automatic - Oris TT1 Divers Date- Steinhart Nav B-Uhr II 44mm Hand Driven - Hamilton Khaki Field Auto 42mm - Seiko Sumo - Traser P6500 - Casio G-SHOCK GW5600J-1 - Tissot PRS516 Quartz Chronograph - Ocean7 LM-5CQ

+1 for the Timex Ironman. I have a few of them and they are much buyer than the typical Casio electro luminescent display. It can stay lit for indefinite periods of time (the battery takes the beating) and it also reverses the dial - turns into a negative digital display.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Banned

For that price, I don't think anything beats an Indiglo. I use an Ironman for backpacking, cycling and canoeing. It's indestructible. I think Casio has similar styles with back light. A step up would be Ball with tritium illumination -- good night lighting, but different from Indiglo.

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

In order of pricing:

Casio with backlit (of course)
    G-shock with backlit (or just a small led light to read time with)
    Luminox with Trit.
    Ball with Trit.
    G-sar with Trit.
    Newer Breitling Aerospace/B1 will have backlit digital display (older model does not have backlit display, but it has cool minute repeater function which you can use in dark to tell time.. :) )
    IWC Minute Repeater
    Chronic flipper...

Quote Originally Posted by Niceday3 View Post
    Looking for a beater watch to wear on holiday (for when the Seamaster is too expensive) and for general wear. I had a timex watch when I was 15 and loved the indiglo feature feature. I like this watch:
    Timex Mens Classic Watch with Black Leather Strap - T2H281: Timex: Amazon.co.uk: Watches
    But it seems perhaps too cheap? I want something really simple on a leather strap that I can use at night.

Any thoughts?
    It's a nice watch and there is really nothing cheap about Timex watches other than the price! I think you will find the back-light (indiglo) technology offered by Timex and Casio to be very useful.

Some really fantastic replies, thanks everyone. I went for my original timex as in the end I combined vouchers plus promo codes to get it for £12 so you really can't go wrong for that price. Everyone's assurance on the quality of a timex was helpful. I can throw it against the wall for that kind of price (which I wouldn't). The IQ one perhaps when this one dies.

Thread Information