Ward c60 trident GMT 600 - initial impression
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ward c60 trident GMT 600 - initial impression

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ward c60 trident GMT 600 - initial impression

Greetings all. Long timer lurker of this forum. I am into scuba diving and by extension, dive watches :) I actually always wear a dive watch as a backup to my dive computer. Here is a picture of my trusty Seiko skx009 Pepsi 100 ft underwater ! (You lose the red in the bezel after about 20 ft under :)

I only had two dive watches - the Seiko and an omega SMP 300 (the penultimate blue ceramics version). I love them both and they regularly see action in salt water. Both are on the chunky side of things for my small wrists. Because I travel a lot, and because the best diving is often in places of the world where you don’t want to be wearing flashy things, I’ve been on the hunt for a relatively inexpensive (~1k or lower) automatic diver with a GMT function. I looked hard at Seiko’s PADI GMT diver but it was super chunky and I was luke warm on the kinetic movement. I briefly considered the steinhart and Squale but most look like a submariner and I am not a big fan of overt homages. After a bit of a search, I decided to go with the new Christopher Ward trident with a gmt complication. I got the black in 38 mm ref C60-38AGM3-S0KK0-B0

The watch arrived a couple of days ago, two weeks after ordering on the regular ‘free’ shipping.

I quickly swapped out the ss bracelet - a breeze with their new quick release system - and tried it out on a bunch of natos I had hanging around

So far I am very impressed with the aesthetics. Lots of detail on the face and applied markers. The case is very pleasing with a nice mix of brushed and polished surfaces, and the caseback also received a lot of attention

The watch features a fully lummed bezel which I really like

Finally, the 38 mm fits me really well. It took a bit to get used to the size relative to the skx009 and my omega SMP but I am already finding this size to be more comfortable for me.

So far the watch is keeping decent time (+5 sec/day) and I am using the GMT hand to track time at my next dive destination - the Red Sea.

I’ll report back in a month or so, after the watch has been throughly tested in the water, but so far so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Ward c60 trident GMT 600 - initial impression

Thanks for the review! The black 38mm would be the variant I'd pick as well. It has been on my radar. I look forward to the updates.
    tenurepro likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tenurepro View Post
    Greetings all. Long timer lurker of this forum. I am into scuba diving and by extension, dive watches :)
    Greetings! Once you're into dive watches... and by extension SCUBA diving.... then you will know you are a true WIS...

That C Ward looks sharp - great finishing for that price point. With a black rubber strap it could easily be worn as a more formal watch (more so than the Omega SMP even).

However are we allowed to call the GMT with 24h bezel a dive watch?
    A travel sports watch maybe...for flying to the dive spot, then switch to your Seiko for the dive

That grey/orange NATO works nicely by the way.

Happy diving!
    tenurepro likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations on your C60 Trident GMT 600, and thanks for your initial impressions and pics.

The grey and orange NATO strap and the black and blue NATO strap do add a nice contrast to the overall aesthetics of the watch.

Here is to enjoying your CW.
    tenurepro likes this.

The 38mm looks the biz on you so you certainly went for the right size.
    tenurepro likes this.

Great review, watch looks superb.
    tenurepro likes this.

Always nice to see someone use a watch for it's intended purpose, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

The CWard looks like a bargain. If you have the budget or am ok with spending 2-3x as much on a watch, I would definitely consider a Doxa for your next purchase. They wear incredibly slim and comfortable for small wrists and many consider them the ultimate diving watches.

Cheers
    John
    tenurepro and adg31 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pdsf View Post
    Thanks for the review! The black 38mm would be the variant I'd pick as well. It has been on my radar. I look forward to the updates.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo83 View Post
    Greetings! Once you're into dive watches... and by extension SCUBA diving.... then you will know you are a true WIS...

That C Ward looks sharp - great finishing for that price point. With a black rubber strap it could easily be worn as a more formal watch (more so than the Omega SMP even).

However are we allowed to call the GMT with 24h bezel a dive watch?
    A travel sports watch maybe...for flying to the dive spot, then switch to your Seiko for the dive

That grey/orange NATO works nicely by the way.

Happy diving!
    Thanks! Yeah I think it can be dressed up nicely was thinking of trying it with a nice kangaroo leather strap but didn’t have a chance to the the combo before leaving.

The bezel is unidirectional and I don’t think it will be an issue for timing things; easy enough to read the bezel in 5 min increments

Will see how it works pretty soon!

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Hager626 View Post
    Congratulations on your C60 Trident GMT 600, and thanks for your initial impressions and pics.

The grey and orange NATO strap and the black and blue NATO strap do add a nice contrast to the overall aesthetics of the watch.

Here is to enjoying your CW.
    Thanksn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information