watch for 22yr old student

Thread: watch for 22yr old student

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

watch for 22yr old student

long time lurker here. Just wondering if you can suggest a watch that is like this Orient ET0N003Y field style watch with a cream colored dial, 24-hour sub-dial, day dial, date window, applied hour markers, luminous hands and hour dots, offset crown, stainless steel case and an Orient made 21-jewel automatic movement because I have been looking for it for a long time now and still no luck. something that can be used daily and within $150-200 price range. thanks!

Re: watch for 22yr old student

Welcome to the forum. I'd suggest having a look at some Seiko 5 offerings! Wide variety of designs, and they represent an excellent value: Some of the finest watches you can get for under $200, or even under $100 in many cases.
    Sent from my bathroom using [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by BGPT23 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I'd suggest having a look at some Seiko 5 offerings! Wide variety of designs, and they represent an excellent value: Some of the finest watches you can get for under $200, or even under $100 in many cases.
    I agree with the Seiko 5 recommendation in addition to the Orient you're looking at. Both represent great value in my book.

BTW, Orient is now part of the Seiko Holding Company that operates Seiko Time Company, but Orient operates independently from Seiko, meaning they use their own movements and designs.

There are many variations of Orients and Seiko 5's that meet your budget and will be fun to wear, and will wear well, meaning keep good time and hold up to daily use.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As a 23 year old student, I would say you are on the right track! Look at Orient, Seiko within that budget

possibly low end swiss/german brands if you want to save up a little (Hamilton, Tissot, Steinhart etc.)

Keep it up and welcome to the forum!

Thanks. Can you tell me where to get the best price for seiko 5s so that I can compare them with Orients. I am really bummed out that that model is not in stock for at least 2 months now(I have looked everywhere).

Islandwatch.com is a sponsor here. They have a decent selection. Amazon has a ton (or tonne, depending on where you live) of watches. Those are the usual suspects for me.

Discountwatchstore.com
    Jomashop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nico Miguel View Post
    Thanks. Can you tell me where to get the best price for seiko 5s so that I can compare them with Orients. I am really bummed out that that model is not in stock for at least 2 months now(I have looked everywhere).
    Amazon usually has a good selection, as does eBay.
    Sent from my bathroom using [email protected]

Thanks for all your replies! I have narrowed down my choices to two now. Basically they are from the same series as my initial pick. It's Orient ET0N001B field style watch with a black colored dial, 24-hour sub-dial, day dial, date window, luminous hands and hour markers, offset crown, stainless steel bracelet and an Orient made 21-jewel automatic movement and Orient Defender Uhr Automatik Herrenuhr WR 100 M FET0N003Y0 FET0N001B0 | eBay (5th picture) but I am leaning towards the leather one because I have had a citizen metal before and a resin band gshocks so i would like to try a leather one too but damn I also like the style of the metal orient. I have to do more thinking before making a purchase(sigh)

I would say you are on the right track!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information