Watch Box storage pillows.. too tight?

Thread: Watch Box storage pillows.. too tight?

Watch Box storage pillows.. too tight?

Question for those of you who store your watches in a Watch case/box. I have a Corley watch case, and i stopped strapping my leather bands on to the included pillows. The Pillows have solid side pieces, and some sort of solid core, wrapped with some sort of cushion. So there's some give in them, but they are still pretty solid.

Do you find that the 'pillows' that you store the watch on stretch out your bands? Or if you are storing a bracelet watch, do you feel like when you close the clasp around the pillow, it is REAL tight?

Any opinions on this?
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45mm
    Oris Williams F1 Chronograph
    Citizen Meccanico NP3010-34A
    Citizen Aqualand 20th Aniv. Eco-Drive
    G-Shock G2300B-1V
    Luminox 3001

Smile Re: Watch Box storage pillows.. too tight?

My watch pillows seem just right to me, that is including the one I have in my watch winder too.
    I have my TAG in the winder, and it is on a bracelet. The TAG pillow is fine too. And the pillow for my Seiko military watch, which has a cloth band, is great too.
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

stuffler,mike

Re: Watch Box storage pillows.. too tight?

Do you find that the 'pillows' that you store the watch on stretch out your bands?
    Not at all, I own several boxes and all pillows are just right and flexible enough. Bought most of my leather watch boxes in Italy, maybe these provide another quality in comparison to watch boxes offered and sold on the bay. Don´t know

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    watch boxes offered and sold on the bay. Don´t know
    I actually bought it at like2box.com. They sell Everwell, Orbita, etc, etc, so i think it is of average quality. But you're right, i'm sure if i sprung for a higher end one the cushions would be a little softer.

Either way, im not strapping any of my watches on those monster sized pillows again. I've got a few spares from other watch original packagings, guess i'll sub those in.
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45mm
    Oris Williams F1 Chronograph
    Citizen Meccanico NP3010-34A
    Citizen Aqualand 20th Aniv. Eco-Drive
    G-Shock G2300B-1V
    Luminox 3001

WX1

Quote Originally Posted by dtmartin46 View Post
    Question for those of you who store your watches in a Watch case/box. I have a Corley watch case, and i stopped strapping my leather bands on to the included pillows. The Pillows have solid side pieces, and some sort of solid core, wrapped with some sort of cushion. So there's some give in them, but they are still pretty solid.

Do you find that the 'pillows' that you store the watch on stretch out your bands? Or if you are storing a bracelet watch, do you feel like when you close the clasp around the pillow, it is REAL tight?

Any opinions on this?
    Heh, so those pillows DO have a function and/or can affectuate watch bands? I thought they were just some fancy shmancy way of presentation. Upon releasing the watch from the pillow (following purchase), yeah, I suppose I noticed somewhat of a tightness with how the band was fastened. But, I didn't think it damaged the band in any sense (at least in my case).

Yeah, I, too, notice how tight those pillows are. I don't put my watches back in the original case when I'm not using them, so, they never visit their respective pillows ever again. I noticed that there is some kind of pocket as well; I'll always look into them to see if there's some kind of, I dunno, additional watch information on a piece of cardboard or something, I dunno.

I still think they're kinda' "cute" for lack of a better word. Like, your watch's widdle pillow to sleep on at night, or while watchin' TV.

I can actually take it or leave it. When I was a "Casio-wearin' teen," I really liked Casio's plastic/hollow watch holder (in its case), which I would clasp onto when not in use. That nice, compact-sized ivory white box trimmed with red-colored "Casio" logo was pretty neat too.

The pillows that came with myy Heiden winder were too big so I felt like I was torturing my watches getting the clasps closed. The standard pillow had a spring loaded mechanism inside which limited their collapsed size. I bought some after market pillows from Watch Winders | Automatic Watch Winder - BuyWatchWinders.com that are simply stuffed with foam. Much better.

I have a small wrist so my watches on bracelets tend not to even fit on a pillow, unless I leave the clasp open. Because of this I don't use a watch box at all. I get where you're coming from.

I don't use the buckle on the watch pillows with any of my watches that have straps, I just feed the band through the keeper. It keeps it snug in the case but not stretched.

or you can break it in by strapping a nato band over it and leaving it compressed for couple day.

especially useful for bracelet and leather band with depolyment already installed and sized.

Holy Necrothread! 5 years old next week.

Thread Information