New to WUS so hello!
I'm driving myself insane trying to choose between three watches, so I need some advice/opinions before I choose! this will be my first 'proper' watch, and i will be keeping for years and years, so it needs to last.
I am living in Sydney so unfortunately there is no way I can try on any of the watches in real life (no ad's)
the three watches i am considering are:
1. Bremont U2 DLC, $3500 pre-owned
2. IWC mark XV ref IW325301, $3300 pre-owned
3. Sinn 856 s utc, $2700 new
this is where I am at currently:
- I like everything about this watch except the size. the case, the dial, the movement, the company, the packaging, the non-common-ness of it (especially in Australia). the only issue is the size. I have a relatively small wrist ~7 inches so I feel that 43mm is really pushing the limits of wearability for me. plus the 16mm thickness seems pretty large. does this watch wear small or large? if it was 39 or 40mm I would have bought it yesterday.
- this watch is the most timeless of the three, and so I think will be a safe option. I really like the size of the watch but am unsure about the quality of the movement and/or the case construction. the price seems to be quite steep for a relatively common watch with no significant technological advancements in comparison to the other two. what are people's opinions on this watch?
- this is the safest choice, I see it as a middle ground between the two, I'm not overly excited about the movement but everything else about the watch is pretty clever, I especially appreciate the over-engineering of every detail in the case construction. I'm not sure about the supposed 'eggshell' effect, how realistic is this issue?
I like the bremont and the iwc the best, but any opinions would be great!